Audio Magic Masterpiece M-1 Fuses

It was definitely even better closing in on 150 hours. The sorbothane cord lifting trick on the IEC was probably 60 percent of it with lowered noise floor. But bass output of the second M-1 seems to have resumed to perfect balance last night. The thing I must get used to is the lower volume with the noise floor drop from the sorbothane . I need to lower the preamp turn on volume preset. I will wait until I have tried M-1 in the HDPLEX300 then do volume lowering on all the source presets.

1 Like

It’s very interesting phenomenon that I have been listening to a lower volume for the last few weeks, and now the higher volume I used to listen is too loud. It could be due to the lower noise floor from new fuses/tweaks too.

1 Like

Noise or absence of it is a strange phenomenon. There is just so much more information coming through spatially, in voices and the music. Louder doesn’t seem appropriate and might lead to overstimulation of the brain. I feel like I don’t want to turn it up and miss anything. Yet music is so balanced turning it up is the only way to hear missing information previously. It is like everything is a near field listening experience.

1 Like

That is how I feel after each improvement done. When you don’t like it, I find that I don’t want to listen as much. but when its good, louder it goes and longer I want to stay and loose sleep. Happened last night with new M1 fuse tryout. keep losing sleep.

My M1 didn’t come via USPS today. I shall get by with the purple. :relieved:

2 Likes

Did you get a tracking number from Audio Magic or the Cable Company? I haven’t received anything yet. I blame all you M1 hoarders compromising the supply chain. Lol

2 Likes

For Audio Magic orders there is no track # shipping or a
shipping notification…I was advised of this by Cable Company…which
is how it played out for my 2 M1s…

Best wishes

1 Like

Maybe @aangen is getting the VIP treatment. I don’t have a problem with that! :+1:t2:

1 Like

I got a tracking number for mine.

1 Like

Well…there is a first time for everything…

Best wishes

1 Like

I got both M1 orders within 5 business days from ordering. No complaints here.

5 Likes

I am about 50 hours into the M1 in my P20. So far I can hear some differences. Deeper soundstage and the upper highs and lower bass seem to be a bit over emphasized. I hope this smooth out a bit.

1 Like

Yeah by day three it gets leaner. Takes 6days to get good

It will be 8 days for me tomorrow.

Similar to your P20 wait.

1 Like

I got all mine in 3 days

The second fuse really hit stride today. I can say i am pushing volume back to my normal 12 watt levels finally. Even with my latest sorbothane P20 iec tweak at the absorber tuning ring. Discovered my whisper elite tuning ring was upset from my P20 shut down issues.

Damn got Christian McBride doing Night Train. Never heard double bass this good in my room

1 Like

Mind sharing a picture or two of this configuration when you have a chance…?

TIA.

Well excuse the dust. And my prototypes. I buy my footer’s from an engineering lab specializes in optical isolation solutions. Thorlabs. Not shiny stuff at 6 times the price. My system has been a continuous engineer laboratory.

My cable lifter is a rebar for concrete holdet. I used a allen wrench to keep sorbothane isolator from slipping. But it works and incredibly well.

OK, thanks.

I have a couple of spare IsoAcoustic Oreas (Indigo, I believe; i.e., the blue ones) and I plan to introduce them into these stacks somewhere to see if the sorbothane (I presume) has any effect as part of my cable boosters at the PC inlets to my DMP and DS:

Have to figure out which of the three building blocks to remove first…

I’d ditch the corks. Thy jack with the sorbothane compliance. Make sure both the oreas are under equipment and cable and load is right.