Audiophile has analog meltdown, rediscovers joys of digital playback!

That looks substantial. On the down side there is no vacuum hold down to possibly fail. AAAAANK!

TTW uses copper center weights and periphery rings for hold down and it seems to work extremely well. I have the previous generation table before they were doing all copper platters (I added one of their thick copper matts to mine which improved the sound). I can’t believe that people would have serious vinyl rigs without some sort of hold down, as the distortion goes way down. Maybe some people feel it sounds more lively without it, but my findings is that it is critical to have the LP held down.

A long time ago I used to use an after market platter vacuum system (Audio Technica I think) that worked quite well but ended up making my records noisy. Have you ever seen that were dust gets embedded into the groove? I used to mostly play mostly one side of a Nora Jones Classic LP release and the unplayed side got very noisy. Id love to try to see if ultrasonic can clean it better than my Loricraft.

Love it!