Background music suggestions

Linn Radio - Linn Jazz
Failing that, Morton Subodnik’s Silver Apples of the Moon.

1 Like

So something completely different: My recommendation for perfect background music: ambient electronic dub by Rhythm & Sound. Give it a try.

RoonShareImage-637245366320362720

1 Like

@vsopking if you want to start streaming on a budget here’s a suggestion. Use your phone to grab streaming audio from your service provider of choice (Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music, etc.) then send via BlueTooth to a device like the Audioengine bluetooth interface that feeds a digital stream to your DAC. This bluetooth interface is really quite nice and at $200 won’t break the bank. I still use mine for casual listening and when the kids want to share their music from Spotify without making hardwired connections to my system.

I now have a PS Audio Bridge II in my DS DAC and that’s sounds even better. This was $500 used. Not sure what DAC you have now, but this was my upgrade path.

Way off topic. Sorry.

2 Likes

i’ll let @vsopking chime in on his dac and system, but for even smaller baby steps you could get a cable to split your headphone jack to an RCA input your amp/preamp/receiver. You’re using the phone’s DAC, but for background music, it should be just fine.

Also off topic! Sorry!

3 Likes

@kcleveland123 and @terzinator; I do have a PWDAC (with bridge 1 never used) If I can get decent music streamer and perhaps internet radio… mmm. I might have to look into it. I was eyeing a Cambridge CXN V2 streamer, but 1.000 euro? no not now… Off topic? No, appreciated.

1 Like

cool, sounds like you’re most of the way there. I don’t have any DS/PW stuff, so hopefully others can chime in on maximizing the benefit of those components!

Took about 25 years… and lots of grey hair. My younger brother raves about Spotify… should ask him too. Thanx.

1 Like

My suggestion for back ground, with some more intense passages

This is one of the best uses of streaming services. Pick any genre, mood or activity. If my wife is hosting company, singer-songwriter playlist. If I am hosting, ambient playlist. Using both Qobuz and Spotify.

On the flip side, if it’s time for company to leave, put on PiL Metal Box. Known to have cleared a few rooms. (Those that ask you to turn it up will be life long friends.)

1 Like