Baseball-holics anonymous

Positioning like that can be data driven (calculated) risk based on myriad inputs.

Hayden Wesneski earns spot in Cubs’ Opening Day rotation (mlb.com)

Yes! Wesneski is the most exciting young addition to the Cubs rotation I’ve seen in years. Can’t wait to see him mow 'em down this season. He has that kind of stuff.

2 Likes

I’d settle for the ability to consistently throw a strike on a 2-2 or 3-2 count with runners in scoring position and two outs. (Seems like an increasingly vanishing skill set among many professional pitchers these days…)

:wink:

Duh.

But a gamble nonetheless.

Astros finish the Spring Training schedule with a bang!

Opening Day has arrived!

Hi Ho Hi Ho it’s off to Wrigley I go!! Fully decked out in my favorite swag.

th

There are only two seasons: winter and baseball.
Bill Veeck, Jr.

1 Like

Undefeated!!

(Stay warm)

2 Likes

Go Cubbies!!

1 Like

Play ball!

3 Likes

I like this picture. You can tell he primarily spins the baseball, can get velocity too. Runner up Cy Young.

1 Like

First pitch in 5!

3 Likes

Perfect day for a ball game. Nothin’ better than opening day at Wrigley Field.

1 Like

Nico Hoerner burns Burnes, starting a 4 run 3rd. There is a reason Cubs fans love this kid. Already an elite contact hitter.

2 Likes

W! Great start by Stro!!

2 Likes

@owlsalum - would you say attendance was ~80% ?

3 Likes

1 Like

Did you notice the small ball, base hits and walks?

Did you miss all of the big swings and misses and the failure to push the runners into scoring position?

I hope today’s offensive performance was a harbinger of things to come.

:wink:

1 Like

Yup. We were talking about it in the stands. This team is built for contact, being patient at the plate, capitalizing on mistakes. Deliberate. Wins ballgames consistently. Hoerner is a product of that philosophy. I dig it.

2 Likes

You and me both.

Several key at bats where the hitter just went with the pitch away and drove the ball to the opposite field…that’s winning baseball as far a I am concerned.

I hope we see a lot more of that this year. Glad you got to be there for opening day.

Cheers.