Belden ICONOCLAST Interconnects and Speaker Cabling

Hi Galen,

I really want to go short on the Interconnect. Maybe 15"-18" wire length not including connector length. It looks like I can order a 1x4 “Generation 2” RCA Interconnect Cable of that length.

I’m the guy who cleans his connectors weekly because I can hear differences in the soundstage. Is it possible to do a custom RCA on input and XLR on output of the IC? That way I don’t have to introduce another connection with an adapter?

Thanks, Mike

Mike,
If you are looking for an 18" OCC RCA interconnect I have a set built we can sell you at a discount.

Mike,

Yes. No problem. It will be a one-of is all. RCA is flexible enough to do the job.

Jeff can fill you in.

Best,
Galen

2 Likes

Galen, as you suggested, Mike will receive 1x4 RCA cord with the output device (preamp/dac) to XLR (input device) for his amplifier. The connector will be wired pin 2 hot with no connection to pin 3 on the XLR. Problem is solved and the cable is held to the requested length. Thank you.

3 Likes

I’d challenge anyone to find this type service from any other cable manufacturer of interconnects. They would point one to another adapter to degrade the IC.

9 Likes

Bob,

We will SHORT PIN3 (unused negative signal) to PIN1 (ground) as some amplifier’s control circuits don’t work with PIN3 open. I haven’t ever used that circuit but those that have report, Mike included, that the amp won’t sense right with PIN3 floating.

This is another reason to use a XLR wired from a RCA as an adapter may leave PIN 3 floating.

Best,
Galen

1 Like