Belden ICONOCLAST Interconnects and Speaker Cabling

Audiogon forums have a cables section.

1 Like

Please feel free to give me a cal. 850-860-0940.

My suggestion as a first priority would be to build a small brand website with in-depth product information to a) be findable in Google search and b) link people to, in your blog posts. Being on the BlueJeans store is great but that is not a proper owned brand site. If you own the trademark IconoClast Cable or something that would be the basis for your site URL (Iconoclast-dot-com is taken, but e.g. iconoclastCable - dot - com or something like that might be available and defendable from a trade-mark perspective. Building your own quick brandsite using e.g. SquareSpace or Wix is quick and cheap. That site would be your home base, then you can publish guest posts on enthousiast blogs that direct back to your site. The site would then link to the BlueJean store for purchases. You should also have an email sign-up using e.g. HubSpot. Also cheap. Anyway, good luck, hope to try an iconoclast cable someday.

1 Like

Thank you. We have a Trademark domain and URL in place and it is separate from the BJC site. We hope to have it online this week. Thanks for the comments!

Amen! Fantastic move with the new Iconoclast focused website.

Love it or hate it, strategically getting the cables into the hands of respected magazine editors/reviewers can provide a lot of bang for your buck. It can provide massive reach and many look to these recognized industry folk for purchase guidance.

1 Like

I recently auditioned a pair of transparent Audio Ultra’s, that blew my socks off. Not wanting to spend 3k for a meter pair of XLR ic’s, if been auditioning other brands. Haven’t found anything yet that floats my boat, but next in line are the Belden ICONOCLAST. Can’t wait to get my hands on them.

1 Like

Listen for a good ninety minutes or so. What is your stereo supposed to be doing to be enjoyable. Sometimes we forget! Are we Clark Kent or Superman, a speed boat or a yacht, a GTI or an E300?

Don’t quickly switch between leads, let them absorb you, or try to. The set that better identifies what your stereo needs to do to be enjoyable will surface. Every situation is different. Technically a review is only one situation.

A rock and roll system can be too biting, a folk music system can be too soft. We pull and push the piano to get it in the room since we piece part things together.

The oveall sound, not really just the leads, will represent itself to you. You are listening to your STEREO, not just the leads, as a chain. The copper can shift the light on the subject, but the objective is the picture, not the light.

Galen

Galen does a nice job with his recommendation. Trying to A-B cables can be frustrating. If I am making a determination I start with the lesser expense cables and literally listen for at least 60-90 hours each day for 5-6 days. Then I substitute the more costly cable and repeat. At the end of the 2nd period I switch back to the initial cables. It usually only takes a short period of time to make a determination of what works best for me, in my system. We often try to listen “to hard” and forget to enjoy. The science behind Iconoclast is bullet proof but the presentation is just off the charts! Have fun!!

Thanks Galen and Bob,

I’m definitely not rushing the comparison. Both leads have been exceedingly enjoyable to have in my system. I noticed the most character change with the OFC during the first ~5 hours or so, for the better. I don’t recal the TPC changing at all during the first 20 hours.

I’m just half way through a week with OFE, completed a week with TPC. A week of listening is ~20 hours. Plenty of variety, moods, time of day, etc.

I’ll switch back to the TPC Friday. Hopefully my preference will become more clear.

Either way, tough to pick a bad one!

1 Like

Brett,

After sessions with both leads, you’ll be quick to identify which set gets you to your destination. As much as we want leads to be invisible, they are not. Spicing the system up or down depends on where it is when you start.

We tend to THINK that we are hearing JUST the last item added, but we aren’t. We listen to the entire chain. This is why we get differing opinions on components. I have two systems that remind me of this!

Good leads need to be as near zero r, l and c as possible but they can’t ever get there so we will have reactive effects to the signal. How the l and c, not so much the DCR, are reached make the leads, “different”.

Best,

Galen

1 Like

I find it interesting the Belden who has always been about professional cables at reasonable cost and Blue Jeans Cables who looked down upon high cost high end cables is suddenly ok with the Belden iconoclast cables which are expensive!

2 Likes

I believe BJC represents value. Only you can decide if the Iconos provide enough value in your system to justify the spend.

I don’t find anything contradictory in their long standing statement here: https://www.bluejeanscable.com/articles/exoticmaterials.htm

It’s expensive and complicated to form, arrange (and maintain relationships) and terminate these cables. The copper costs have reportedly just been passed through. They do sound different, same geometry. Is it worth the extra money? I’m deciding as I type And over the next couple weeks.

You may not have noticed but copper as a commodity has skyrocketed in the past two decades.

1 Like

My sentiments too………

2 Likes

I, too, have always thought of BJC presenting value.

I view PS Audio similarly. A $6,000 DAC can simultaneously be expensive and an excellent value. Cables can be the same.

3 Likes

Value = What you get/What you pay

Inexpensive can be low value just as high price can be an excellent value.

1 Like

Plus perspective, one man’s expensive is anothers pocket money.

1 Like

Sorry I can’t agree about ridiculously priced cables. They cannot justify the cost by any means that would convince me other wise. The cables I use are not inexpensive by any means but the materials they are built from and their design work well in my system. There are very real limits to what I would invest in cables. A $600 HDMI cable is outrageous!

2 Likes

Who’s talking about hdmi? These are interconnects and speaker leads.

I know the iconoclasts are speaker and interconnects. I made a statement of my preference that I would not spend $600 for an HDMI cable not saying it was an iconoclast cable.

1 Like

It’s just not germane to the thread.