Best way to distribute power from my regenerator?

Just found this forum, and figured I better ask this question here, because PSA experts have the best chance to know the answer.

I have a regenerator, PS Audio Power Plant P3, powering my hi-fi system. It works great and improves the sound of my system a lot. But I also have a headphone system in a different part of the room, and it would also benefit from a regenerator (my tests prove this). But I don’t have a second regenerator, and there is even no space to place it near the headphone system. So, I want to run a single long power cord from the regenerator to the headphone system, and then distribute the power between several components there (USB-SPDIF convertor, DAC and headphone amp).

I looked at Dectet Power Center, and it seemed to be ideal for the task, because it could provide some degree of isolation between the different devices I have. But, the manual of Dectet says:

We do not recommend connecting any other power conditioning product before the Dectet Power Center

And the manual of my Powerplant P3 says:

We discourage the use of any other power conditioning equipment before or after the P3 without considerable evaluation.

This makes me wonder weather combining P3 and Dectet in one system is a good idea, or I should better look for a simple power distributor which does not do any kind of filtering. What would you advice? Thanks in advance!

An excellent question.

My first thought was to simply use a decent quality power cord, recognizing it may pick up a bit of noise on the way and then a good quality passive outlet strip. But a Dectet may be perfect for filtering out any baddies which entered the cord during the trip, as well as providing a way to distribute power. The Dectet appears well suited as it only filters (removing common mode and differential mode noise) and does not restrict power in any way.

I would do it but defer to PS Audio if Paul or someone else there disagrees. I am curious to learn what they suggest.

Equipment isolation is important for me, when I had a Dectect it did an excellent job, but I did not have it on the load side of a conditioner.

I do however use a UPC-200 on the output of my P300 in dual zone mode to provide isolation of my source components that are connected to it.

I think it would be fine to do it with the Dectet. We argue against it for the sake of purity, meaning a second Power Plant is better than an extension cable and plug extender. That said, if the second regenerator isn’t in the cars, this is the next best alternative by a long mile compared to just plugging into the wall.

Many thanks for all replies.

Paul McGowan said

I think it would be fine to do it with the Dectet. We argue against it for the sake of purity, meaning a second Power Plant is better than an extension cable and plug extender. That said, if the second regenerator isn’t in the cars, this is the next best alternative by a long mile compared to just plugging into the wall.

Yes, I definitely considered getting the second regenerator. But, apart from space concerns, there are 2 additional considerations:
  • The length of the cable required is about 3 meters, so does not look out of the ordinary.
  • In the future I'm planning to run a dedicated power line (with a high quality cable) from the switch box at the entrance of my apartment to my hi-fi system. But running a second dedicated line to headphone system is not feasible.
With this configuration in mind, using just one regenerator seems to make sense. I assume that even a regenerator cannot fully eliminate the problems caused by a poor wire in the wall (e. g. insufficient gauge limiting the power). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Power Plants have substantial storage capacity that lowers impedance so they can handle peak current demands that your house wiring could not, regardless of its gauge.