Beta Test Impressions of the New Strata

Strata in the house for three days now. This is for the second system in the family room. I have the full PS Audio BHK stack in the designated listening room. Strata is not competing with any other PS Audio gear. I was reluctant to set up the family room because it is a cobbled together three box system: Peachtree Nova 65 amp, Oppo Sonica DAC and Cambridge Audio CXN streamer. All of the components I have used with great success previously, but all have been updated. All three function well but are three different shapes, sizes and colors. Unlike the dedicated listening room, WAF is justifiably a factor in our family/entertaining room. So when Strata was announced I was intrigued.

Strata system is simply Vienna Acoustics 30th Anniversary Haydn Jubilee monitors with Analysis Oval speaker cables and Pangea powercord for Strata. Just add speakers! Set up was a breeze with no issues including manually setting up WiFi and downloading the app on iPhone and iPad. Have been listening to FLAC files on NAS drive, Qobuz and Spotify. I will leave the detailed sound signature descriptions to the other more qualified forum members. What I can say with all certainty is that out of the box, it has a full, detailed luxurious sound. Speaker placement is somewhat problematic and room is not treated (much), but this combination sounds amazing. Even moving off center and into other rooms is sounds great. I have not compared it to the BHK stack, but that is not why I bought it.

For our needs this is just right. An elegant single box solution that sounds great. We have connected the TV via digital cable for a greatly enhanced experience. And my wife, who loves music but does not take the initiative to use the dedicated music room, sat down for hours Sunday and played some of her favorite tunes. It was a pleasure seeing her enjoy it so much, and not needing my assistance to do so. More to follow.