BHK faceplate change

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a pre-owned BHK 250 in mint condition. However it’s silver and I’d like it black. Is it possible to change only the faceplate / case? The local reseller said me not to be possible but I’d like to ask you.

Thanks in advance.

Not really. It requires rebuilding the entire amp as the back panel, trim pieces, corners, and front panel have to all be replaced.

Plasticoat it.

Good idea. And it is reversible if you do not care for it.

woot said

Plasticoat it.

And would you have any good one to suggest me?

Thanks in advance.

See, e.g., here

Thanks, Elk! Do you think this one is as good as? Any hint about how to preserve / replace the rig’s name?

You want Plasti Dip, not a sealer. Plasti Dip is made to cover items, but is easily removable if you do not like it.

I do not know of anyone who has sprayed a faceplate, but it certainly would work. When applied well the product looks good. I have seen entire cars and motorcycles which have been sprayed.

Elk said

You want Plasti Dip, not a sealer. Plasti Dip is made to cover items, but is easily removable if you do not like it.

I do not know of anyone who has sprayed a faceplate, but it certainly would work. When applied well the product looks good. I have seen entire cars and motorcycles which have been sprayed.

Nice! I’ve found several directions on its use in metallic surfaces (e.g. cars) but not plastic despite the product’s name. Do you know about special instructions / tricks on how to use it this way?

One more thing: any hint on how to protect the labels during the painting?

Thanks again!

Plastic? The BHK250 has an aluminum front face.

LOL :smiley:

Do you believe I sincerely thought it was plastic? Maybe because it’s a matte / not polished surface.

Thanks anyway!