Bridge drops out of network

I have had this problem from the very beginning, so no upgrade will solve it. All other devices, like the Marantz MC 603 does not have this problem. Is there a solution?

louv said I have had this problem from the very beginning, so no upgrade will solve it. All other devices, like the Marantz MC 603 does not have this problem. Is there a solution?
Lou,

I work around this problem by keeping a browser connection open to the bridge, then clicking the “Reset UPnP server” link whenever this happens. It’s faster than resetting the PWD, though it’s still annoying.

– Chris

louv said I have had this problem from the very beginning, so no upgrade will solve it. All other devices, like the Marantz MC 603 does not have this problem. Is there a solution?
I have been using the Bridge now since the beginning. I still get the occasional drop out but not that often. Yesterday it play for 35.5 hours before I turned it off. This is the norm.

I don’t know your setup but to optimise reliability of the Bridge I think you should do this: get a good router. One that allows you to reserve static ip addresses to everything on your network.

The best reliability improvement I found when using the Bridge is the use of PLCs to get the signal from my PC in one room to the Bridge/DS in my main system. Connect one to your router and the other to the Bridge. As long as the power points are on the same line you’re sweet. This is the norm in the building industry.

Like I said, I do get the occasional drop out but not enough to make me get a new PC (just for music) in my listening room.

Hi Chris and Rossop,

Thanks for you contribution.

Chris, I will try to correct a dropout via the browser. That sounds more convenient than a restart.

Rossop, Forgive me my ignorance, but what is a PLC and a power point?sorry_gif

In my current configuration, there is a central router, to which the NAS, the bridge,the PC and the internet access point are connected. The hole network is on Gigabit speed. Because i use a NAS, i don’t see much alternatives to this configuration. Do you seeany flaws in it?

PLC stands for Power Line Communication. It uses adapters that plug into power outlets (power points) to make a network connection over the power wiring in your house. This is often significantly more reliable than WiFi but is inferior to a normal hard wired Ethernet connection.

As for the Bridge drops, I think that all network equipment building and connected to your network affect this. It is unfortunate that the Bridge is as sensitive to the network as it is. I hope that the Bridge Mk.II is considerably more robust in its handling of network communication imperfections. About the only thing that you can do is to try different switches, routers, servers and even temporary wired network connections to see what improves the presence of the Bridge on the network.

J.P.