Bridge II's Digital Lens in the DSD Snr

Hi Paul and Ted @adminpaul @tedsmith

Since the DSD Snr has it’s master reclocker, is the Bridge II’s ‘Digital Lens’ actually doing anything in the DSD Snr specifically?

Does the Digital Lens use a 64mb buffer, the same way I understand the PWT’s Digital Lens works?

Just interested because I love reading about the tech in this product (and sharing it with friends).

Appreciate if you guys can explain the Digital Lens working in the DSD Snr with Bridge II.

Cheers ! :slight_smile:

There’s no perfect implementation of jitter reducing technology - at the very best such tech is a low pass filter for the jitter spectrum at the very output of that filter, after that any noise (from any source, RFI, EMI, groundloops, etc.) can reintroduce more jitter downstream.

The FPGA in the DS lowers jitter, but it never hurts to have it lowered earlier too like the Bridge does. Also the new transport also does a great job of lowering jitter and it shows (or should I say sounds? :slight_smile: )

Why is Bridge II recognized as a 100Mb device by the switch?

adimon said Why is Bridge II recognized as a 100Mb device by the switch?
Because it is.
Ted Smith said There's no perfect implementation of jitter reducing technology - at the very best such tech is a low pass filter for the jitter spectrum at the very output of that filter, after that any noise (from any source, RFI, EMI, groundloops, etc.) can reintroduce more jitter downstream.

The FPGA in the DS lowers jitter, but it never hurts to have it lowered earlier too like the Bridge does. Also the new transport also does a great job of lowering jitter and it shows (or should I say sounds? :slight_smile: )

Thanks Ted. Aside from lowering jitter does the Digital Lens of the Bridge II perform any other fumctions, in the DSD Snr?