Cat 7 Crossover Ethernet Cable

I own the Audioquest Ethernet cable, and I do hear the difference. Better shielding, and it has silver in the connections for better contact. Some people say a cable is a cable. Far from it, IMO what makes a better cable is the shielding, and the grade of copper being used. wijnand, I have the Audioquest Vodka HDMI for my TV, and DVD player (Oppo) I put a normal DVD in,and people think it's a Blueray.

Do your router/switch have an artificial ground point or is it powered via an AC/DC converter?
The reason for asking is that the shielding may be pointless if it has no way to go. It might as well be open in both ends (read: disconnected) and in this case it makes no difference whatsoever for the noise - simple as that.....
This subject has been discussed herein before and I think it should be revisited.

Wijnand, thanks, that’s what we get for not trying it first with a regular cable I guess!!

The SW or router is isolated correct and the wall wort is ISO too. And as I hear what you guys are saying and agree.

I am just repeting what I read and used. As to the sound changing with length and lower spect cables it does. I did not try shielding and I shieled cable listning test s. But the cable supplied by Steve was shielded. I also have a giga band SW.

Ps all my cables related to audio transmission are cat6 a shieled

wingsounds13 said: Some modern Ethernet devices can detect this type of connection and automatically switch their connection mode.

wijnand said: It's not nessessary to use a crosscable for this setup without a switch. You can just use a straight cable direct between your PC and the bridge.

These two, together, make sense. I did not know this. Thanks.

alrainbow said: Now the off ramp also has an i2s output in rj45 format. I have never tried it to the bridge directly and I do not know if it works this way.

Nope. Different protocols entirely.

alrainbow said: The man stands above any CEO or national salesman I know of.

Marissa Mayer; way better. ;) Paul is outstanding but just think of how popular this forum would be if... >:)

I have met her. She is bright and absolutely charming. She is a friend of a friend and grew up nearby.

@frode All of my music is on a computer in another room, signal from an Apple Extreme, to an apple Express, to a switch, to my pwd. I have other equipment hooked up to the switch also.

@elk: ^:)^

Marissa Mayer; way better. ;) Paul is outstanding but just think of how popular this forum would be if... >:)

Have to agree, even in a speedo Paul just would't measure up!

Just the thought of me in a speedo scares even me. Not pretty.