Center image WAS driving me crazy!

Hoping that time passes as speed as possible, until the light comes back!

Never had headphones, don’t ask me why, in effect with sources so close to my sweet spot I should consider them in my life now.

Which model, cable, amp…

Thank you Vince for this unexpected new rabbit hole, one more thing on my list, I really need to stay away from the forum until the room is ready!

Since you are close to Milan, I suggest you tour a few HiFi shops when you get a chance. Comfort is key.

1 Like

Or you could buy the Bacch4mac with the headphones that sound like speakers and get the 3D for speakers after your room is ready as the extra bonus

1 Like

Too many variables I need to take into account just playing with my actual gear in a new championship, let me proceed step by step until I become more familiar with my room. Profound changes and consequently fine tuning need a special effort, patience and methodology.
Anyhow it’s really amazing this game!

3 Likes

Hey luca…

For some odd reason or another overlooked your thread…my
apologies.

This is quite an amazing project you have going on here…
Wish you the best in all the processes involved in creating
your new sound room…may it perform above your expectations!!

Best wishes

1 Like

Thank you David, very kind of you.

How many informations I got during last years from this forum, I really have to thank all members who helped me! Both for growing my knowledge and spending a fortune!

2 Likes

Fourth weekend of hard work, it’s time to inventory!

Never thought I was collecting during last years such a quantity of stuff related to audio! And still lacking the gear I’m going to use until last day, hour, minute: cables, components, speakers and subs…

7 Likes

I love the organization, Luca!

1 Like

Those Orea platoon look surely nice! but you know there are something better than those, you know that right? I can forward you something that sounds much better! :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

You are a bad person! Having said that, I’m looking at your footers with high attention. Once the room is finished I suppose I’ll need an extra effort re-tuning all basics and tweaks. Can’t wait…

1 Like

My desk at work is always clean and essential, same when I’m cooking or managing audio stuff. It’s a state of mind, the way I like things and the only way I know to get pleasure and the right mood!

3 Likes

This beats anything from IsoAcoustic or VooDoo. Get the one with ceramic beads

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800679124116.html

You need to get the Sorbothane Duro70 pad from Amazon. put it on each of the column. Put them under PST (not on the foot). It sounds much much better than Orea, (or VooDoo Isopods I tried).

1 Like

What I don’t like about them is how high a component is pushed when footers are placed under it. Just cosmetics and rack shelves room available.
Maybe one day I’ll follow your suggestion.

1 Like

Right, there is no end to this. I am already looking for something else myself. They only work if PST is on the top shelf.

1 Like

Another weekend (the last one) of hard work: all the cables and components unplugged and boxed, the rack disassembled and speakers covered and well protected to be moved to another safe room.

Tomorrow morning electrician and carpenters will come into action. Two intense weeks ahead! Let’s start…

9 Likes

Enjoy the journey!

1 Like

Those Sonus Faber (one of the Olympica?) finishing looks gorgeous. I wish FR30 will have a look like this. Have fun!

2 Likes

Thanks, really excited! Olympica Nova III.

4 Likes

I hope this long thread doesn’t bore anyone and can be useful in the future to anyone who decides to take the same path. I’ve never used social media and am normally extremely reserved but this forum is clearly different!

9 Likes