Center image WAS driving me crazy!

You seem to enjoy what I refer to as" Americana". Do you listen to Dylan?

1 Like

I love Dylan, before google era, when I was teenager, I translated his lyrics in italian listening song by song, word by word, on a paperwork. Mmm I tried to translate, it’s more correct saying. He inspired me, he made me love writing and poetry (I wrote a lot during those years). If you ask me the larger collection of CDs or LPs I had and have… always Dylan. Still today his music can touch my soul so deeply!
I don’t think to be the one and lonely though.

Think about this: when my son is born I thought a lot which song his ears should have heard for the first time in his life. Coming back from the hospital, the second day he was on earth, I played (very loud) Highway 61 reviseted.
Now he hates Dylan and loves The Rolling Stones.

7 Likes

That’s a fantastic story, thanks for sharing.

It seems your Son and our Daughter are cut from the same cloth. She loved Dylan when she was younger and now at 25 has sworn him off. I am hoping like a fine Barolo, she ages into the poetry of his music.

1 Like

3 inches? In my case with My Maggie LRS’s I work in 1/2 inch increments. My old knees hurt!

1 Like

Love the poetry but a lot of the music…not so much.

Plan on revisiting the catalogue though (that’s what Roon/Tidal/Qobus are great for) and see if some of the deep cuts appeal more to me than his more popular/well-played fare…

PS

Open to suggestions to BD cuts folks find to be very musical/enjoyable…

SEE

1 Like

Listening to The Real Royal Albert Hall currently. I love how pared down Desolation Row sounds. The slight echo of the hall has a nice sense of presence.

1 Like

You might find “Bob Dylan (featuring Johnny Cash) The Bootleg Series, Vol 15” interesting.

And of course “Blood on the Tracks” and “Desire”.

Congratulations! Finding a cure in audio system can drive one crazy as many of us experienced it. It is hard to give other recommendations too because there are so many variables.

It took me a long time to cure my system when I replaced the carpet to hardwood floor. The solution was to replace an entire system to PSA audio and add a thick large carpet (putting green in my case :face_with_hand_over_mouth:) in the listening room.

This is a busy week for me. older daughter and son-in-law are back from NY, younger daughter is back from college, and I am preparing a turkey feast for 14 tomorrow. So even without DS MK2, I do not feel anything lacking in my system. In fact, when the system is on, all kids have their headphones on (I am sure with the noise cancellation turned on). So, I keep the volume low so that they can enjoy whatever they are listening to.

2 Likes

Had to double up on the turkey this year (one roasted and one deep fried - using my last year’s Christmas present to deep fry turkey for the first time), since we are expecting about 20 folks for 12:30 feast tomorrow!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

SEE

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the rest of forum members! The deep fry turkey is juicy and fast! Next time I need to convince my wife that it is safe because I will have a fire distinguisher nearby! :grin:

2 Likes

I got a counter-top, “commercial” boiler/steamer/fryer unit and its electric (with a bunghole and drain on the bottom).

No stands precariously holding a vat of boiling oil and no propane to mess with!

That said, since the weather is cooperating and this is my maiden voyage, I am going to plug the thing in on the deck and cook the turkey outside. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to all members, enjoy your day and families. Here a normal day I’ll go organizing a conference in Milan, so weak up early in the morning an a hard work! I envoy you today.
Best wishes.

3 Likes

The basement tapes, Desire and the underwhelmed Slow train coming. Just to start…

3 Likes

Desire is a must.

2 Likes

Thank you Vince, I’m playing more music from Ondara (unfortunately only 3 albums), a gift I’m really loving. Qobuz info notes report a sound between Dylan and Tracy Chapman. Not a big fun of short reviews and labels like that, however this time I find it quite appropriate.
And (also) this evening the system sounds so good, what a wonderful moment!

1 Like

You may also like The Felice Brothers “From Dreams to Dust”.

I’ll try tomorrow, thanks. Totally different genre but I’ve just played The Next 20th Century of Father John Misty. Wow, a deep immersion in emotionally profound abyss of pleasure and intimacy. Now that my system is sounding even better than before due to set up tweaks. After a hard day work and 20 hours awake I need to sleep but was really a pity to stop that music.

1 Like

late to the party but a few things I didn’t see mentioned…

I can usually find at least 1 recording or frequency on every pair of speakers which “beams” from the cone in recordings that use a hard pan l / r. Remember, the higher the frequency the shorter the wave and, eventually, the wave isn’t long enough to wrap around the speaker but actually bounces off the speaker cone and baffle. Again, it’s usually one frequency or just one recording that is painful but give me enough time and I’ll find it and get frustrated just as OP has.

3 inches is a lot depending on frequency. Also, remember, our walls in our residential homes are not straight. So you may be a foot off the front wall but 11.85 inches to listening left and 11.5 inches from listening position right. That creates a timing issue L / R and can change what frequency “beams”. I’ve sort of given up on distance but have not taken the time to break-out the mic and software to position based on arrival times. I’m not looking forward to it but positioning based on time arrival, especially the higher frequencies, I’ve convinced myself is the right next step.

Anyway, glad you found your 3 inches :slight_smile: I own 2 different laser measuring devices to try and speed-up the process of alignment. Still ends up being half a day if I decide to power one of them on. I’m not sure who moves these things when I’m not looking but I always convince myself they can be “more accurately positioned”. Happy listening for sure.

4 Likes

" I’m not sure who moves these things when I’m not looking "

Ain’t that the truth!

4 Likes

I am guilty of this, periodically.

It’s an itch that just has to be scratched sometimes.

Odds are, I have left a more optimum position behind at some point.

Still fun though…

2 Likes