Computer can't see DAC

I have connected the usb cable and ensured the usb port is working. When I try and install the driver, it can’t see the dac. I have tried 3 usb cables and tried 2 different pcs with the same result each time. Coaxial connection works fine but I bought this device to use the usb input. Can someone please advise?

Clsmooth391 said I have connected the usb cable and ensured the usb port is working. When I try and install the driver, it can't see the dac. I have tried 3 usb cables and tried 2 different pcs with the same result each time. Coaxial connection works fine but I bought this device to use the usb input. Can someone please advise?
Howdy. A bit more information will get things moving. What operating system are you using in your computer? Which PS Audio DAC are we talking about? Is the DAC new?

With USB, I often find the computer needs a reboot after it is connected to the DAC to enable it to discover the DAC.

good suggestion above.

I would add that removing the USB cable before rebooting PC and DAC might also help.

After everybody wakes up, connect the DAC LAST.

Thank you so much for that, it worked. I had initially plugged it into a USB hub where I knew the ports were working. A friend suggested plugging it direct to the PC so I tried that and had the same problem, even after re-booting the PC. I turned the DAC (PWD mk2 upgraded from mk1) off and on from the back and it has now picked it up and works perfectly. What’s really strange is that I had the same issue on a laptop where it wasn’t recognized. The OS on both is Windows 7.

good to hear it is working.

It is an old windows USB trick to cycle the PC WITHOUT the cable and then plug it back in to create a FRESH discovery. PWD seems to like it too.

Enjoy the Music.

G

I turned the unit off from the back for about 30 mins just to make sure that everything is fine. When I turned it back on again, Windows couldn’t see the DAC. I spoke to PS Audio and the unit has to go back as it seems to have a fault. I happen to be going overseas for a month and that’s how long repair, testing and two way shipping should take so not bad timing.

Just in case. Sometimes removing all USB drivers helps. Windows will reinstall them when needed.

Or just use Linux :D