Controlling PWD MKII via iRule

Hello. I’m moving my PWD to an enclosed cabinet with no line of sight to the IR receiver. I’m using iRule and a Global Cache GC-100 to control my other components. Can anyone tell me where to find the IR codes for the PWD? Optionally, is it possible to control the PWD via IP thru the bridge? If so, where can i find the command set? I’ve found some archived posts, but I can’t find any active discussion on this topic. Thanks in advance…

This is what I use: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pwdcontrol/

In my opinion, PS Audio should can eLyric (jRiver works great) and write a PWD firmware upgrade that give us this program’s exact features. You could access the filter and SRC settings from any IP enabled device regardless of platform.

“This program” I am thinking you mean the one written by Valer on Source Forge? I believe it is only for Windows devices so I am not sure how this would run on any IP device.

Hello. I'm moving my PWD to an enclosed cabinet with no line of sight to the IR receiver. I'm using iRule and a Global Cache GC-100 to control my other components. Can anyone tell me where to find the IR codes for the PWD? Optionally, is it possible to control the PWD via IP thru the bridge? If so, where can i find the command set? I've found some archived posts, but I can't find any active discussion on this topic. Thanks in advance....

I have also asked for this, but have abandoned iRule for Roomie.

@admin

That’s not my point. I can imagine a firmware update that included the functions of the program written by Valer. Then you could access the PWD and select filters and SRCs just by entering the IP address of the PWD on your iPhone, MAC Computer, Windows Computer… I currently use the iPhone version of eLyric (since it works with iOS7) only to set and verify filters and SRC. I use JRiver and JRemote to stream and select music (works and sounds fantastic). Seems like a waste for you to throw money at updating eLyric to iOS 7 when programs, like JRiver, are supported by full time staffs and work great. The only missing link (ignoring the gapless issue) is the ability to select filters and SRC via a remote device.

Thanks for your consideration, Dale

Dale:

The ability to select all of these features via a control point is desirable (although, of course, readily available on the remote already).

But do you routinely change these settings while listening? Just curious.

@elk

No but any hiccup makes the PWD revert to its defaults which are not Native X and apodizing filter. Thus I check the settings after a hiccup (occurs irregularly with JRiver but does happen) from my iPhone (eLyric still works on iPhone with IOS7) during listening sessions and re-select my favorites as necessary.

I do use a remote desktop app on my iPad/iPhone (RDP Lite) to access my Windows music server; however, it is clunky. Also, I find the program written by Valer to demand excess resources on my windows server and thus I shut it down regularly.

I do realize these settings are available on the remote but if I’m sitting on my deck and selecting music with my iPhone (I have a nice set up on my deck), I want full control from my iPhone. I can resolve just about any issue from my iPhone (including resetting the UPnP server) with the exception of reselecting my favorite SRC and filter.

My main point is other than selecting the SRC and filter remotely, I don’t see the purpose of PS Audio supporting eLyric. I know some prefer it but seems like a shrinking group of folks. JRiver and JRemote (again gapless excluded) is a nearly perfect combination. They continuously resolve bugs with a full time staff. How and why should PS Audio compete with that?

This all makes perfect sense!

It’s fun how what appears to be an obscure point is perfectly reasonable when you know the background. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys and understood but we don’t want to leave everyone hanging so I think it’s still appropriate to get this fixed.