Deezer Hifi with MQA Soon to be Available without a Sonos -- Will it Work on the Bridge II?

Hi, I read with interest recently that the Deezer Hifi CD-quality streaming service (formerly Deezer Elite) will soon be available without the need to own a Sonos, and also that MQA is coming to Deezer. See, for example:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/09/deezer-ends-sonos-exclusivity-joins-hands-with-mqa/

As a TIDAL HiFi and Bridge II user, I am wondering if Deezer Hifi with MQA would work on the Bridge II? (The mconnect Control app has a setting to turn on Deezer, but I am guessing that does not mean Deezer would automatically function on the Bridge II.)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for this info. I don’t know the answer right off the top, but I do know we haven’t paid the developers to turn Deezer on. We might have to look into this for the Bridge and perhaps even the upcoming Octave.

Hi Paul, thanks, that would be great.

I’ve been enjoying Deezer Elite for about 3 years. I stream it from my Sonos Connect to my PS Audio Directstream to my McIntosh pre/pro and amp and on to my GoldenEar Triton One loudspeakers. I love it and much prefer Deezer Elite over Tidal because Deezer has better functionality, such as the one I use most often…the Picked For You / Mix feature that allows me to select among about 50 different music genres and have Deezer automatically select the music to play within that genre. It’s kinda like a radio station without commercials. Deezer Elite does everything Tidal does but it has been around longer than Tidal, has a larger catalog, is in more countries, and has better music selections and features for my taste. Tidal advertises more so more people know about them than Deezer.

It is great news that Deezer Elite, now called Deezer HiFi, will be available to more people outside of Sonos. I hope PS Audio Directstream with Bridge will support Deezer HiFi.

The recent mcontrol / mcontrolHD updates deliver availability of Deezer, streaming to tablet or iPad is ok but selecting Bridge II as renderer results in “Notice - Selected device does not support Deezer” (as is the same with Qobuz and vTuner Internet Radio). Since mconnect works well streaming Tidal/mqa to the Bridge (at least over here :wink: I suppose streaming Deezer to the Bridge shouldn’d be that big of a -technical- problem. If Deezer really wants to open up to the market it should be available in BubbleUpnp soon, but Bubble doesn’t deliver mqa…

ears said

It is great news that Deezer Elite, now called Deezer HiFi, will be available to more people outside of Sonos. I hope PS Audio Directstream with Bridge will support Deezer HiFi.

I don’t see how the Bridge can be everything. Can’t you just take the digital out of a Sonos and plug it into the DS? You would then have all the sources of a Sonos available, including Deezer. We spent $6K for a DAC. Another $300 for the Sonos doesn’t seem like a big deal.

Considering the dismal reliability (SQ is great) of streaming Tidal MQA, I would very much welcome the opportunity to give Deezer HiFi (and MQA) a whirl. I like Tidal as a service but damn if I can’t get it to stream for more than an hour without it cutting out, stopping altogether, or skipping to the next song without provocation. Word on the street is the root of the problem is Tidal’s servers. Frustrating when the problem is completely outside of your control.

amsco15 said

I don’t see how the Bridge can be everything. Can’t you just take the digital out of a Sonos and plug it into the DS? You would then have all the sources of a Sonos available, including Deezer. We spent $6K for a DAC. Another $300 for the Sonos doesn’t seem like a big deal.

If you want MQA with Deezer HiFi you are out of luck with Sonos because Sonos does not pass MQA. That's where the DS with bridge would be helpful for those of us Deezer HiFi users.

I wish more people knew about Deezer Elite (HiFi) because it has better user features than Tidal and you don’t have to give your money to Jay-Z.

I don’t know if this is a poll, but I am another Sonos user, (the W4S modified version) who uses Deezer and will buy a PS DS dac when Deezer is available.

AlGaudio said

I don’t know if this is a poll, but I am another Sonos user, (the W4S modified version) who uses Deezer and will buy a PS DS dac when Deezer is available.

I’m sure if you don’t wait and go ahead now and hook up your Sonos Connect to the PS Audio DS it would sound noticably better than your Sonos W4S modified version if you have audiophile quality loudspeakers.

At this point I’m not in any big hurry to get MQA.

TIDAL HiFi continues to glitch in my system (buffering, stuttering, stalls, skipped tracks). A friend in my geographic region got so frustrated with such glitches in his system that he just ditched TIDAL for the new Deezer HiFi service:

https://www.deezer.com/en/offers/hifi

Paul, any chance Deezer can be enabled in the upcoming Bridge II update you mentioned in another thread, or in a future Bridge II update?

Thanks very much.

I am with you on this Boot. I ended up signing up for Qobuz with the proxy work around and am able to stream Qobuz to the Bridge II via BubbleUp. But to be honest, BubbleUp ain’t all that either. It’s good to know Deezer will be adopting MQA though. I would be more than happy to drop Tidal in a New York minute. The unfortunate reality is we are still stuck with the crappy ConversDigital Control app.

Really looking forward to Octave!! Hopefully Deezer will become an option for us with the BII.

Jeff of Arabica said

…The unfortunate reality is we are still stuck with the crappy ConversDigital Control app.

Really looking forward to Octave!! Hopefully Deezer will become an option for us with the BII.

mConnect is hands-down the worst app I have ever used.

For example, when using Tidal something as simple as: 1) Choose a track and 2) Add that track to an existing Queue is beyond its capabilities.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) since my preferences are in the Classical genre, there are so few MQA albums in that genre I can wait out the full MQA experience until Octave.