Differences between setting up 'USB audio' vs Streaming to Bridge?

The Aries Mini will be a nice solution for non critical listening. I haven’t heard a Bridge V.2 I’m sure it sounds great. My issue with it would be operational… Bridge V.1 was a non-starter imo… V.2 needs to just flat out work. There’s too many solutions out there that are pretty much turn key with little to no setup or usage hassles… V.2 has too be as good.

I had an Aries for many months and it sounded very good and better when fed from a USB drive hooked right up to it… My Aurender N100H sounds better… It’s more natural sounding, less forward, very quiet, blacks are blacker… It’s not cheap but $2700.00 isn’t crazy expensive either…

Gordon, I agree completely. Plus, I am a sample of one. Other folks may well prefer the Aries. Maybe I would too if I changes something (cable, hard drive, whatever). It is good to have so many excellent choices.

Dennis K is wringing out what appears to be the last few Bridge II gremlins. This thing sounds and works great at this stage and it only misbehaves for a couple of seconds under some really specific conditions. Mine is working perfectly but each tester’s system differs on the network side hardware and software.

wglenn said Dennis K is wringing out what appears to be the last few Bridge II gremlins. This thing sounds and works great at this stage and it only misbehaves for a couple of seconds under some really specific conditions. Mine is working perfectly but each tester's system differs on the network side hardware and software.
Nice 'preview' wglenn. How 'bout revealing a little more detail........What are the most noticeable differences over Bridge1? I'm so ready to order mine (is there a pre-order process?)

Ha ha… gapless of course!

You mean, “How does it sound?” no doubt. I think that I’ll have to wait until the firmware is in it’s final compile before I’ll attempt to answer that. It wouldn’t be fair to PSA to describe the sound with the Beta firmware.