Digital Link III and Windows 10 USB Audio CODEC Driver

Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and have been unable to get Windows to give my Digital Link III more than 48k/16-bit input. Are there any registry hacks or driver kits that can be used to get things back to 24-bit? Appreciate the help!

Welcome!

Have you installed the PS Audio USB driver?

Thanks, Elk!

I downloaded “PSAudio-USBAudio2.0DriverLatest” which, when setup is launched, displays “Welcome to the USB v1.61.0 Setup Wizard”. Stepping through the wizard, I hit this error when it attempts to detect my Digital Link III:

“Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure it is turned on. If your device is currently connected, please unplug and replug it.”

Also tried manually installing the driver (the old school “have disk” method) using “PS Audio” but the driver failed to load.

Hmm . . . I just looked at the instructions and, if I am reading them correctly, the Digital Link III does not used the USB 2.0 driver.

I suggest using Device Manager to uninstall the DL III, restart the computer, and try plugging it in again.

My hope is someone with specific knowledge of the DL III will chime in to help.

You are reading correctly, in previous versions of Windows the DLIII did not need a driver to receive 24-bit audio–not sure why MS decided to break it in Windows 10. I’ve tried uninstalling the device and reconnecting it but got the same results. Appreciate your responsiveness and if I come across an answer I’ll post it here in case someone else is having the same challenge.

Thanks. This is a tough one.

Windows 10 has been a challenge in some respects. :frowning:

The DLIII was USB 1.1 and required no external driver. Windows and Mac should support it. If you’re still having a problem, give our service guys a jingle and they’ll help you get right.

Thanks, Paul, I will!