Directream Upgrade fail

I upgraded my MKII to direct stream and after first power up the power light flickered for 30 minutes then the power was interrupted after I powered it up again the front power led will not come on. I open the unit again and all the leds on the power supply board are lit.

Other tan sending the entire unit back is there a recovery step I can try?

The biggest problems we see are with the installation of the cables. Look closely. I’ve seen more than a few times people who swore they were in correctly had them forced in backwards.

Paul McGowan said The biggest problems we see are with the installation of the cables. Look closely. I've seen more than a few times people who swore they were in correctly had them forced in backwards.
Actually, the first time I had missed the step that put the cable from the analog board to the digital board. Didn't work too well. But upon installation of the cable it worked. Check all the connections and let us know.

–SSW

I opened the unit and verified the cables are connected correctly I am an Electrical Eng and my guess is that the boot rom in the controller is corrupted.

I have a second MKII and am tempted to swap the controller board but will send the unit in next week instead.

@cwadin I had also trobules with DS firmware load after building the Kit - it was resolved by special firmware provided to be by Alex from PSA.

There was one difference though - after turning on, the PSA logon on soft-power button was very quickly blinking all the time and touch display was off. Loading above mentioned new firmware resolved this completely.

You may check last few posts here: http://www.psaudio.com/forum/directstream-all-about-it/kit-install-issues/