DirectStream DAC - Headphone Edition

The DS is well regarded but is more on the sidelines then let’s say Chord / Schiit Audio and many others that focus all their efforts on the headphone community and interact in those forums. There are many reference products in that category, but I think PSA could easily play with the best out there. Just the amp missing and positioning DS again with Redcloud…

1 Like

In these Corona Virus Days, I’ve had to resort a few times to turning off my M700’s which are fed by the DSD Sr.’s XLR Outs. I simply connect my Bose QC35II’s with a long cable and adapters and it sounds find. There is enough output drive to listen a normal levels with no hiss or hum. Just music. Not Audiophile Headphones by any means. But it just works. Would be cool to try a pair of Beyer Dynamics Amiron Wired Headphones which I did audition at home a few years ago but didn’t have the money at the time to purchase them. I make sure to turn off the amps as has been suggested so as not to use both XLR and RCA outs at the same time.

2 Likes