DirectStream

Sorry, I knew I was leaving something out. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t. I don’t know the hardware or software limits of the bridge.

Is there a calendar of events on the PS Audio web site that shows when/where the Directstream DAC will be demonstrated?

"Is there a calendar of events on the PS Audio web site that shows when/where the Directstream DAC will be demonstrated?"
Not that I am aware of but Paul mentioned the following in his daily Email.

"BTW, if you’re interested in meeting up, I’ll be presenting to the Phoenix Audiophile Society on March 26th. Several have suggested they’ll bring the tar and feathers. Others champagne. Let’s get together for a demo if you’re in the area."

Ted’s correct, the Bridge maxes out at 192. There’s no calendar of events. We’re not THAT organized. Heck I had to be reminded that I even made the commitment to go to Phoenix. I made that data nearly a year ago … it turns out that we may be at Axpona anyway, showing the DirectStream.

Paul is there any units out for review ? And who had them. .

Al

Al
None have been shipped yet, many have been asked for. All the major suspects will be getting them. I cannot say the names of the reviewers yet because the magazines and webzines get unhappy when you do that. There will be plenty of reviews, of that have no fear.

Thanks

Al

Ted's correct, the Bridge maxes out at 192.

Paul,
The planed next version of the bridge will support it (double rate DoP)?

Al
None have been shipped yet, many have been asked for. All the major suspects will be getting them. I cannot say the names of the reviewers yet because the magazines and webzines get unhappy when you do that. There will be plenty of reviews, of that have no fear.

And hopefully a benchmark test with Berkeley, DCS, Emmlabs, PB Design, Chord and Antilope at 3-4 times the price.
Not for the faint-hearted :)

Very cool. We look forward to it. Hopefully we have some as well. I would like to be reading the reviews and listening to it at the same time. B-)

Al

Ted's correct, the Bridge maxes out at 192. There's no calendar of events. We're not THAT organized. Heck I had to be reminded that I even made the commitment to go to Phoenix. I made that data nearly a year ago ..... it turns out that we may be at Axpona anyway, showing the DirectStream.

Ted's correct, the Bridge maxes out at 192. There's no calendar of events. We're not THAT organized. Heck I had to be reminded that I even made the commitment to go to Phoenix. I made that data nearly a year ago ..... it turns out that we may be at Axpona anyway, showing the DirectStream.

What about the Newport Beach or RMAF shows? Potential for DirectStream demos there?

Axpona. I missed that reference. Paul, if you’re there you will have to join Christopher and I for mandatory Scotch worship. B-)

@wglenn It would be my pleasure! We’ll be showing in Underwood’s Emerald Physics room.

Do we know when shipments will begin to the first 100?, 500?

From Paul M;

@pl45k@yahoo.com Still looking at week 3 of April as a good launch date. We should be able to deliver most of the first 100, which will be divided up into units and kits, in April as promised.

Gordon is being more helpful than any of you can possibly imagine. Right now he and Ted are locked in an amazing dance of nailing down specifics in the SQ. I have been barred from work for the weekend at the threat of my life by our GM and the real boss, Terri. Seems I have been pushing it too hard lately and making others around me somewhat crazy.

- See more at: http://www.psaudio.com/vanilla/discussion/6605/directstream-dac-first-impressions.#Item_199

The new appealing website:

I can’t help noticing the following from the specs;

'I2S Digital Output

Connector HDMI

Format PCM or DSD’

I cannot find this output from the picture of the rear side…(?)

Is this a typo or a nice upcoming feature?

I vaguely remember seeing that (couldn’t find it just now) and thinking “Output” was likely a typo.

I vaguely remember seeing that (couldn't find it just now) and thinking "Output" was likely a typo.

I agree because the same description applies to USB and S/PDIF and those are inputs too.

Frode, I deleted the reference to the new website link. This site is under development and is not ready to be viewed. Even the specs you’ve found are not accurate, they are just a placeholder for now. Give us some time to finish the new website.

@frode

The new appealing website:

I can’t help noticing the following from the specs;

‘I2S Digital Output

Connector HDMI

Format PCM or DSD’

I cannot find this output from the picture of the rear side…(?)

Is this a typo or a nice upcoming feature?

It’s a typo. Should have read “input”