DMP 3.07 firmware released

Maybe the first tap wakes up the DMP and the second tap does the open/close deed… yes it is annoying…Please fix Paul!!!

1 Like

I will have Barry take a look. My recollection is it’s just being slow and that a single tap works fine. But to be honest I typically use the remote for that. I’ll check. We’re close to the next release which is rather major.

2 Likes

I tried unplugging the I2S cable of the DS then plugging it back in followed by rebooting the DS. The display screen is still a very pale milky blue and difficult to see.

Was the procedure I followed the one you were recommending?

Paul, just for sound quality you could have named 3.07 after one of the fourteeners same as the DS, that’s how much I rate the sound… I live in hope that the next release improves yet again !

1 Like

It sounds like you’re experiencing a slightly different variation of what happened to my DMP. My screen has turned completely white, and is totally unresponsive except for operating the drawer with the remote.

Oh my screen in completely unresponsive too. That’s something that began many months ago. The fading of the display to almost white is new from yesterday.

My DMP screen is unresponsive too except for opening and closing the disc tray and even then it works only when the open/close icon is the only thing on the screen.

It’s interesting that your screen started fading the same day that mine turned completely white. When it first happened, I could still hit play on the remote, and the disk would play, but now all functions are gone, expect operating the draw from the remote. I tried re-installing 3.06, but still came up with a white screen.

All my remote functions work properly on both my DS and DMP it’s just that anything requiring using the touch functions of each screen is unusable such as settings changes.

Fortunately, so far the settings I had originally set both machines to are still optimal for me so I haven’t had to deal with the issue of what do I do if I need to make any settings changes.

When that situation arises, as I’m sure it will at some point, I’ll be up shit creek…

Sounds as if a couple dmp’s need to go on a trip… :truck:

Try unplugging the I2S Cable, while the units are off, then reboot (still no I2S). If it boots properly, then turn it off front panel, reconnect I2S. Restart from front panel. I believe this is what made my white screen go away.

2 Likes

See my reply to andolink above. I think you may have to break an I2S connection to regain control. At least that’s how I remember my fix. I had sent the ds back to be fixed as it had jammed on the White screen, but they could find nothing wrong (a clue, to ship back I had to disconnect). Subsequently, due to a power outage and restoration due to lightning, I stumbled on what was a fix for me.

Hi Andolink,

Sorry to hear about your screen acting up!
Do try to leave the unit off from power for an hour or so.
Make sure that all interconnects are removed as well.

If you continue to have trouble please reach out to me directly at service@psaudio.com.
We’ll get you a copy of the forceload firmware to install.

Looking forward to speaking to you directly.
Thanks,

• Jeremy
1 Like

it is hard for me to appreciate the sound quality with the nasty click snap and pop I get when an SACD is first put in to play.

With SACDs, I mute the BHK preamp then when I see on the display that the disk has started playing I release the mute - that way I don’t hear any extraneous noise… I can experience difficulty moving forwards or backwards but I just let the SACD play from beginning to end and the musicality is sublime .
I don’t hear any pops, farts or splashes with Redbook and with 3.07 the jump in sound quality with standard CDs is remarkable.

3.07 isn’t perfect and it has foibles - but I do like the sound quality.

1 Like

the fact that so many people still cannot just turn on their DMP and play and enjoy music without all these headaches is at this point shameful

4 Likes

Thanks. I did try unplugging the HDMI and the power cord, and even leaving it off for 24 hrs. But the white screen remains.

Contact the guys in tech support. It does not look good. May need to send the unit in to fix this one. Maybe they will know a fix that will avoid that hassle. Good luck!

I think you might just be pleased, Dirk!

3 Likes

Not to pick on you, but “…so many people”… recently, at any rate, perhaps a few very vocal owners…?

This is the issue I have with Forums in general - issues individuals experience, coupled with the degree of their interest/time/ability to post about it, can create the perception that a few owners’ issues are endemic.

I say this as someone who has never been a total fan (to put it mildly) of the functionality of the DMP.

I had promised to shut TF up, but…

Add me to the “so many people” list.

No other manufacturer owners forum anywhere gets so much traffic from owners with problematic gizmos than what we see with the various DMP topics here.