DS Behavior

All settled in for a long, cleansing, listening session on a Sunday before the brutal work week. A sudden storm rolled in and flickered power for a fraction. Nothing seemed affected, computer/server didn’t shut down, nor any stereo gear. However, with a pfft I had no music. My first thought was the balanced input tubes on my pre-amp (I had a cheap Russian pair fail recently): nope!! The DS screen was normal, music was streaming from my server to the Bridge II. I could see the time line advance and song changes. Figured I’d reboot the DS just for grins: ahhh, glorious music again. What happened? I have my entire audio chain (with exception for the computer) plugged into a P10. Is there an output safety relay in the DS that might have engaged? All’s well that ends well. Curious though.

Now back to the glorious music. It is a gift!!

Glad it’s back. The P10 protects but it isn’t always instantaneous enough and glitches can get through that upset sensitive microprocessors. That’s my guess as to what happened.

This happened again last night. This time there wasn’t a storm. I leave the DS on all the time. I went to select songs using JRemote controller JRiver. Looked at the DS display and everything looked correct. Album art downloaded, the play line progressed, etc… This means the bridge was receiving data from JRiver through my data network.

One big problem, no sound! Since this has happened before, I rebooted the DS before trying anything else. After the reboot and re-establishing network and JRiver connections, music was back. I was a bit unnerved since I had a house full of guests coming in 10 minutes. No harm, no foul since I quickly solved the problem. But this is twice now.

amsco15 said

This happened again last night. This time there wasn’t a storm. I leave the DS on all the time. I went to select songs using JRemote controller JRiver. Looked at the DS display and everything looked correct. Album art downloaded, the play line progressed, etc… This means the bridge was receiving data from JRiver through my data network.

One big problem, no sound! Since this has happened before, I rebooted the DS before trying anything else. After the reboot and re-establishing network and JRiver connections, music was back. I was a bit unnerved since I had a house full of guests coming in 10 minutes. No harm, no foul since I quickly solved the problem. But this is twice now.

Hi amsco15,

Thanks for letting us know about this and so very sorry to hear that you’re having this trouble.

The Bridge II’s network connection can be disrupted by security settings in your LAN among other things.

Have a look at your network settings and make sure that you are alowing an unimpeded connection to your Bridge II.

As well please remember to make sure that you Bridge II is fully up to date:

http://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-update-bridge-ii/

If you continue to have this issue please reach out to us directly at service@psaudio.com

We’ll work with you to get this resolved.

Thanks again and best wishes,

• Jeremy