DS/Bridge II

Since my install a few weeks ago I have noticed the Bridge will start a track then go to the next track. I have noticed this happening right in the middle of a track. I play a lot of playlists & what I say above relates to this.

Any advice?

Yes, happens to me as well. Not during the middle of a song, but after the first 5 seconds of a song it will sometimes skip to the next. Does not happen all the time, through.

In this thread, another Bridge user reports similar skipping and finds that the mconnect player indicates a lost network connection when this happens. What control points are you guys using? I find that BubbleUPnP on a cheap Android tablet never loses connectivity, while mconnect sometimes does. I can’t say whether the issue is with mconnect, my old iPad, or the Bridge but at least this suggests some things to try. Also check your wifi strength (not an issue in my room).

Yes, using mconnect on my iPad. I will try bubbleUPnP on my phone for a few days to see if the issue continues.

radioclash said Yes, happens to me as well. Not during the middle of a song, but after the first 5 seconds of a song it will sometimes skip to the next. Does not happen all the time, through.
It does not do it all the time.

I use Bubbleupnp on my mobile, hardwired DS and Laptop to Netgear modern not even dedicated router, I hardly experience any drop out. Bubbleupnp is quite efficient.

I have the same problem guys, it looks like that we will have to buy an Android friendly phone… I would like to be wrong, but any iPod and iPhone are useless around here (I downloaded more than 10 UPnP apps yet)… neverending story sorry-smiley-emoticon_gif

Does anyone have an idea why Apple products are not working well in this application?

I hated it when I had to buy an iPod. Now an android thingy? & my iPod is a few years old and I need to get a new one to get the latest JRemote app. Makes me very cross!pulling-hair_gif

I have almost no problems with my iPad/JRMC/JRemote Mac setup.

Tell me about the “almost” part. Are you getting track skips sometimes?

Not since the B2 beta testing phase, and then not often. The “almost” mostly refers to JRMC problems. Like the other day JRMC 21 Mac crashed in the middle of a song. I have had track skipping problems in the distant past. Was never sure of the cause but suspected network problems. B2 very rarely loses its connection in my setup.

I am still getting the occasional track skipping with my android phone using bubbleUPnP, so I am thinking it might be a network issue. Happens mostly when I am playing hi Rez tracks and skipping around, but redbooks skip sometimes too. have a strong network, but it is a busy one. Who knows, maybe a NAS issue. I have a synology that is crammed full with 10 TB of movies and music.

Bad news for me … I almost bought an android tablet today, I’ve the 4x4TB synology too, so my hopes are gone. The sound from BII is excellent and no doubt from BIII will be better. BTW how much would you be willing to pay for a functional apps ??

I think our problems are solved with the new mControl app. Rock solid so far with B2, no dropouts with redbooks or DSDs.