DS jr and EQ

I have recently put together a system built around the PS Audio DS Jr DAC. I am very pleased with the overall sound of the system but have issues concerning vocal detail (midrange) on some older recordings. Of course, many recordings sound beautiful and I would not want to change a thing. My ears have a few miles on them and I do not hear as well as I would prefer. Anyway, I am considering adding the Dangerous Music BAX eq into my system.

Currently my system runs a Direct Stream JR balanced output directly to my headphone amp (Schiit Mjolnir 2) which then runs balanced to a Benchmark AHB2 power amp. All of these items source their power from a PS Audio P3.

The DM BAX eq is a balanced device. Where would be the best place to insert the DM BAX EQ? The way the system now stands, the only place would be insertion between the DS Jr and the headphone amp.This arrangement would allow me to place eq in both the headphone and loudspeaker signal paths.Is this the correct placement? I do not want to damage the DS Jr and my technical knowledge concerning device input and output impedence tolerances is wanting.I would appreciate advise. Thank you

You can’t hurt the output of the DS Jr with any load (e.g. shorting isn’t a problem.) Since the DM BAX has high input impedance and low output impedance and the output level of the DS isn’t too large for the BAX it should work fine after the DS.