DS Missing Bridge

My 4 years old Bridge I disappeared last night after I reset the static IP in DS…I have tried all the remedies - USB rescue, reversed DS firmware YF to 1.2.1, no conflicted IP in my network, unplugged power cord over half an hour then switch on again, reinstalled Bridge I…nothing worked.

The Bridge is just missing, DS started up really quickly to IS2 option. The setting screen show Bridge 0.0.0. with “Find Bridge” option, I tried Find Bridge twice, nothing happened after 45 min, please see my pic below.

The Ethernet flashed green and yellow, the Bridge show abruptly with IP address in my router connected during Finding Bridge then no show anymore.

The Bridge missing happened in the past twice or more but it has always be rescued after couple of hours.

Could anyone help me to save the Bridge I, or is it dead?20150904_001628-2.jpg

I doubt it is just dead - though that sounds like a Monty Python routine because it surely isn’t alive.

Give us a shout and we can likely send you a rescue kit.

You might try setting the Bridge to dynamic IP on the front panel and then turn off DAC, router and PC.

Reboot in order router then PC and then DAC. Then Check to see if you then have a new IP on the DAC/Bridge. It may take a minute or so.

Paul McGowan said I doubt it is just dead - though that sounds like a Monty Python routine because it surely isn't alive.

Give us a shout and we can likely send you a rescue kit.

Thanks Paul for the prompt reply, I just tried all remedies again back home tonight and it is still the same.

I’m in Melbourne Australia, can I get the rescue kit (I assume it’s different from the USB rescue file?) locally or from PS directly?

Thanks heapsclapping_gif

gordon said You might try setting the Bridge to dynamic IP on the front panel and then turn off DAC, router and PC.

Reboot in order router then PC and then DAC. Then Check to see if you then have a new IP on the DAC/Bridge. It may take a minute or so.

Thanks Gordon, but the Bridge doesn’t show as option on DS at all.

Hi Paul, I reversed DS firmware to 1.1.5 and pressed Bridge Update, then the DS started to Find Bridge process, at the end it show “No Bridge Found”. With firmware 1.1.6 it went through the same as 1.1.5, but with firmware 1.1.7 Find Bridge didn’t proceed.

jazzbug said
gordon said You might try setting the Bridge to dynamic IP on the front panel and then turn off DAC, router and PC.

Thanks Gordon, but the Bridge doesn’t show as option on DS at all.

PAUL’S repair kit should come to you by email. [send AlexP an email requesting it at support]

You might also try removing physically the Bridge and rebooting the DAC without it. Then re-instrall and reboot the DAC.

ALSO

see the last post from Dennis on this thread.

http://www.psaudio.com/forum/need-help-ask-alex-the-psa-expert/what-is-the-bridge-recovery-procedure-for-the-ds/

Let me try and get Alex to help. Dennis is on vacation.

@jazzbug in case Gordon’s instructions would not wor,k you still may want to try “reseat” the bridge by taking it out of the DS and then re-installing it back (with power cord unplugged of course).

Thanks Maniac, I have tried taking out the Bridge then reinstall, twice but still no luck…

Thanks Gordon, I took the Bridge out to reboot, then reinstalled the Bridge back still no show.

I’ll send an email to Alex, hope the rescue kit from PS is different from the rescue file downloadable online?