I have a DSJr just recently returned from PSA because it refused to connect or show itself on my network, but is exhibiting the same behavior. In fact, it never showed any sign of being connected apart from the volume drop to 60 issue that others have experienced and was supposed to be fixed in the latest Bridge II update. Using coax or Toslink from the Oppo to DSJr works fine.
I was told a board was replaced (presumably the BII) and the update applied. I can’t verify the update.
- DSJr running Huron upgraded from Torreys (via loopback to Yale)
- Windows 10 based network with UPnP, DLNA, network discovery and all sharing turned on (tried with Windows Firewall off as well)
- Same Ethernet connection including cable works with Oppo player to stream audio and Netflix
- Updated firmware in rather old (2003) Linksys router (WRT54G ver 2) to latest (2013) firmware in a desperation move
- Ethernet connection is long from PC (through house walls), but works with Oppo
- Powers on what appears to be correctly; when finished displays “Artist” and “Title” (with nothing else)
- Scrolling through the setup menus appears normal until after the Bridge II display name
- Next display says either getting settings (or something like that) or “0.0.0.0”
- Next display says no update available (I don’t know where to look to see if it is, truly, at the current level)
- LEDs by Ethernet jack on DSJr flash as you’d expect
- Windows 10 PC does not see the device
- Mconnect Control on iPhone 6S does not see the device (as you’d expect)
- Mconnect utility Dennis (yes, I know he’s gone) emailed to me doesn’t see the device
What am I missing?