Ethernet vs USB DAC Connection - Why?

Hi all,
I have been the owner of a dsj for about 4 months now and during that time I tried various ways with Ethernet connections to the bridge from my nas, and until very recently i was becoming increasingly frustrated trying to get it to work consistently and reliably, also the sound quality varied from reasonable to decidedly lackluster and I started thinking thoughts like “omg! what have I bought here”? Even the mconnect didn’t work very well, I couldn’t browse the albums at all as the app always crashed out. Gap less playback wouldn’t work no matter how I messed with the settings and there was always a delay before a track started to play.

I was browsing the web one evening, checking out various forums searching for info, tips/tricks, anything really that would give me a clue as to what would improve my situation - and I came across a web site called Audio Dandy - how quaint! I thought.

http://modelpromo.nl/Audio-Dandy_streamer_Daphile.htm 

Not sure if any of you have seen or heard of it but it has a very interesting write up about high resolution audio and the use of usb via a very small PC called a NUC running a free audio streaming software called Daphile.
I was intrigued by what I was reading and up to this point I had never considered usb as a source as it seemed to be portrayed as inferior sq wise to the bridge. Any way I thought I would give usb a try. So I bought myself a NUC from Amazon and downloaded and installed the Daphile. Setup was quite straight forward using the instructions from the daphile web site, the Ethernet connection was unplugged from the dsj and plugged into the NUC and then a standard usb connection from the NUC to the dsj, and that was it. Daphile too uses a control app on your smartphone or tablet much like mconnect and the like (I used ‘Squeezer’ from the andriod app store - free!)

Now I have to say - upon first listen - I was speechless. Just WOW! - I was absolutely blown away by the quality of the music I was hearing. I can honestly say that I have never heard anything like it, and all my doubts about the dsj soon faded. I spent the rest of that afternoon and evening just sitting and listening to my music with a grin on my face, and it all played flawlessly, no glitches jumps or delays, everything just worked. My total outlay for this was about £150 for the NUC with a 120G SSD and and 8G memory stick, that’s it, and I found the setup reasonably easy by following the instructions.
Needless to say - I’m sticking with usb now and I would encourage anyone to try this especially if you’re having issues like i had. Honestly, everything is now rock solid, snappy and trouble free. and now sounding wonderfully musical and detailed.
I love my dsj.

Just my two-penneth folks.
Cheers Roy.

PS Just so you know - I am NOT in anyway affiliated to or have anything to do with the aforementioned website or companies.