Finally....PerfectWave SACD Transport

Just tried, and bingo! Thank you, PSA Team.

Sweet, glad it worked. I forgot to mention yesterday that it is live now!

PST still has a software issue, when I put a song or cd on repeat and stop the repeat function the cd plays but the remote and screen are frozen. Not always but I had it two times this week. Only when I change from repeat to normal playing. Ps Audio knob is blinking what a software issue means. off / on backswitch makes everything work again. Problem so far only when repeat is used. Got the latest software version.

Ronald

I was playing around with the fuses on the PST and boy, you lose a lot, I mean a whole lot with the stock fuse. I put in a SR Orange fuse and the music came alive, much richer and much more present!!
I just ordered a Beeswax Ultimate Premier and see how much better it is with the PST. I already have a Beeswax in the DS.

2 Likes

is fuse accessible from outside, or do you have to take top off? Thanks

thanks

I think I have an idea why a better fuse has such a big impact on my player. I use a costly high quality heavy gauge power cord, but the current is bottlenecked on this cheap flimsy wire inside the fuse before it reaches the circuit board. With a higher quality fuse, less of the power from this high quality power cord is compromised, if that makes any sense.

2 Likes

I thought I’d avoid fuse upgrades going forward, but you’ve piqued my interest. What are the fuse specs again?

Same as the PSA DMP, 1.6A short, slow blow. It is written on the back.

1 Like

For 120V player, it’s the same as the DMP.
1.6A small 5x20mm. slow blow.
I just took the SR Orange fuse I had from my former DMP and put it into the new PST.

1 Like

SR says the fuses are directional depending on “flow”…did you experiment with this? SR seems to say that for of all the same model is there is one correct direction…

You can check the long winded forum topic on fuses, or, just put the SR fuse in the cap, “S” first, for PSA products, as the current flows from rear to front. Alternatively, you can always try both ways and pick the one you like.

1 Like

That is exactly the premise and reason why most audiophiles upgrade the fuses on their gear.

Esoteric does’t use fuses though so you don’t have this upgrade option.

I know I can’t upgrade my Esoteric.
I’m simply agreeing with everything you said regarding the improvements of installing upgraded fuses in ones gear.

Yesterday while playing a disc, I noticed that the blue light was flashing. Two flashes then a pause, two flashes then a pause, on and on. Then I noticed that the controls were frozen. The disc continued to play, however. I had to turn off the main power to reset the unit.

The manual says the blue light will flash during software upgrade, but I was not doing that. The wifi function is not enabled and the machine is already running v2.4.2.

Any thoughts?

That sounds like one of the software freezes. A power cycle from the back solves it.

Just got my Beeswax Ultimate Premier fuse today and fresh out of the box I can already hear the improvement with the PST. Not huge but not that small either. More body and texture and cleaner and better separation on highs and images. Definitely do not want to go back to the SR Oranges that it replaces. Really makes the PST come more alive, fantastic!! Could hardly wait until this new fuse breaks in and see what it really can do.

1 Like

where did you purchase? and which one spec wise exactly. i dont much about all this stuff. just a buyer and listener. but want to try it and see what i hear. thnx.