FOR SALE: DirectStream Junior DAC (Silver) New in Box $2,500.00 + Am. Red Cross Donation // Continental USA Shipping & New/Sealed Jimi Hendrix 8-LP Box Set Included!

dsj
dac
junior
jr
hendrix

Hi, I have a new DirectStream Junior DAC in silver en route from a USA authorized PS Audio dealer. I expect it to arrive by the end of this week. I do not really need this new DSJ, as I have a DirectStream Sr. in my main system and I rarely listen to my second system (and when I do, it is not for critical listening). If anyone in the continental USA is interested in a new silver DSJ at a meaningful discount to MSRP, please feel free to PM me.

I could keep the DSJ and put it into my second system, but it won’t get much use and I have too much unused audio gear already.

BTW, the PS Audio three-year USA warranty is fully transferable.

I have perfect feedback going back years on Audiogon, USAudioMart, eBay and Head-fi.org, and the new-in-box DSJ is from a smoke-free, pet-free, child-free home.

Thanks for reading. Please PM me with any questions or offers.

Thanks for the PMs so far. At this point, I would sell the DSJ for $3,000 USD (not including shipping or PayPal fees).

As of 3 PM ET, the DSJ is scheduled to be delivered to me by the end of the day on Friday, 9/21:

The DSJ has arrived!

We need more proof :smirk:

How did you end up with one?

@brett66: At the beginning of September, a PS Audio dealer made me an offer I couldn’t refuse on a brand new A-stock USA-warranted DSJ in silver. I jumped on it with the idea that I would install it in my second system (it was an ‘impulse purchase,’ if you will). The DSJ did not ship until 2.5 weeks later. In the interim, I concluded that I probably wouldn’t use the DSJ enough to justify keeping it. If someone would like it for $3K plus shipping/PayPal fees, that would be great and I would let it go. If not, I can keep it or return it to the retailer.

Hi, I am preparing to list my NIB silver DSJ for sale on one or more other websites, so if you are interested, please PM me soon.

Note: I might consider trading my silver DSJ for a used black DMP if it is from a smoke-free home, and in like-new condition (I realize this trade concept is a long-shot, as presumably everyone with a DMP already has a DS or a DSJ!).

Thanks.

Hi, I just listed the DSJ on US Audio Mart:

Hi, new lower price, $2,895.00 plus shipping and PayPal fees.

Final price reduction: $2,895 with FedEx Ground insured shipping and PayPal fees included.

Continental USA lower 48 States only.

Bump.

Patience grasshopper. A buyer will come along.

I can vouch for Daniel ( bootzilla ) as one who always conducts himself in an utmost professional way and I have no doubt this transaction will be without issue.

I would buy it if I had a need, for sure!

Bump for an unopened brand new A-stock USA-warranted DirectStream Junior in silver for $2,895 with FedEx Ground insured shipping and PayPal fees included. Continental USA lower 48 States only. Thanks for looking.

Bump.

Would the factory warrantee (and any included dealer support) still be in effect?

Note that I just received a DSJ direct from the factory thanks to underwoodhifi.com for significantly less than your asking price (“pre-holiday” pricing, no arms twisted). So you might need to adjust your pricing.

Yes, the PS Audio three-year USA factory warranty is fully transferable, and it would run from my purchase date in early September. As for pricing, I just checked Underwood Wally’s website and he is selling an open-box ‘photoshoot’ DSJ for $2,780. My DSJ is still in its factory-sealed box and my current $2,895 price (with FedEx Ground insured shipping and PayPal fees included) is as low as I am prepared to go. I would love for my DSJ to go to someone who would get more use out of it than I would in my second system, but if it does not sell I will happily install it in my second system. Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the DAC!

Good to know that the warranty is transferable (another benefit of PS Audio ownership).

Yes saw the ‘photoshoot’ offer, but when I called Walter he said they were gone and immediately offered me a new DSJ, silver or black, for $2580, factory direct, shipping included. Note that Walter offers no after purchase services, all deals are final. I’ve dealt with him before and not had problems.

At these prices the DSJ is high value indeed, especially if you’re considering use with a server. Having fun going through break-in now. Immediately had to turn the subs down; detail, tone, and imaging are steadily improving.

May be tough to get that price due to the fact that new DS SR’s can be had for a couple of hundred more. There’s usually a reason a dealer gives you a “deal you can’t refuse”. Good Luck…

I appreciate the heads-ups that my $2,895 price is higher than that of a certain PS Audio dealer (from whom I did NOT buy my DSJ). To level the playing field, I will reduce my price to $2,500 with FedEx Ground insured shipping included. I cannot cover PayPal fees at this price, but I would accept a personal check and ship after it clears. The one condition is that the buyer make a new donation of at least $395 to the American Red Cross for disaster relief. The buyer gets the full tax deduction and both the buyer and I get the satisfaction of knowing we helped contribute to a worthy cause.

Still for sale at $2,500 with FedEx Ground insured shipping included, provided the buyer makes a new donation of $395+ to American Red Cross disaster relief (see my preceding post). To sweeten the deal, I will include a new/sealed copy of the original velvet-box 180-gram pressing of the incredible eight-LP “The Jimi Hendrix Experience” box set (which I would ship separately via USPS Media Mail).

This deal is perfect for the Hendrix-loving and natural disaster-hating audiophile! (I know you’re out there!)

Note: With the just-announced upcoming major update to the DSJ operating system, I am thinking more seriously about keeping the DSJ for my second system. If you want the DSJ and the Hendrix 8-LP box set, please let me know ASAP, thanks!