My cables sold, so carte blanche as to what you want to talk about in this thread

I run a pair of these. They are fantastic and I trialed all three coppers. You definitely would not lose money if they were not your cup of tea. If you like rounded edges on your music and not every detail and blurred imaging get something else.

1 Like

This set has officially sold, but I do have a 6ft pair available as mentioned above.

1 Like

I am happy for you that you sold them! I am somewhat pleased I was able to resist. I don’t get to know how they sound in my setup, but for once I was able to resist.

Wait, six foot pair?!!

Not one to throw gas on a smoldering fire. But the shorter pair I purchased vs. the trial cables were even more revealing…

Oh alright then. I’ll take the six footers.

1 Like

Here is the listing for the 6’ pair.
https://forum.psaudio.com/t/for-sale-iconoclast-sptpc-6-speaker-cables-spade-large-9mm-on-one-end-banana-on-the-other/20010

I just want to note, large spades on one end and bananas on the other… in case you weren’t aware.

Sold!

Welcome to the iconoclast club! I see Gen2 OCC XLRs in your future. Though the OFEs are no slouches. You need to talk to Bob@bjc about a free trial when your new electronics arrive and are settled.

I have over $25k worth of Stealth interconnects on order. Bob will have to wait.

Wow those look like impressive air tube and helium tube technology. A load of other composite and carbon technology. Which sets are you getting?

Interconnects:
Stealth Sakra V16 XLR
Connecting the new Kalliope DAC and the new Pandora preamp.

Stealth Sakra v12 XLR
Connecting the Pandora and the Antileon EVO amplifier

Power:
Stealth Dream V18-UNI AC cords
Many, the amp and preamp each take two, the DAC only one.

Stealth Dream V16 AC cord to connect a Puritan PSM-156 power conditioner that the preamp and DAC will plug into. The Amp goes straight into two dedicated 20 amp circuits. No P20 in the system.

USB:
Stealth USB-T Select V3 cause it’s been weeks since I tried a new USB cable.

Madness, absolute madness. I can’t wait to hear Devo on these cables!

(I am going to use the P20 with my popcorn popper)
(Once I work out the correct feet for it when used in this way)

3 Likes

Thats an expensive way to make popcorn. But at least you have some Shunyata cables to power the P20 and the maker.

Please let us know how the boutique gear and cables has improved your listening experience. BTW have my P20 burning in running ultimate premier bees wax fuses and a HDPlex LPS and just an iconoclast power cable all connected to a cable modem and router. Plan to finally populate my Rack tonight. I dread the set up snd connection octopus not to mention redoing the DSP. . . Shame I donated the popcorn maker years back. Hopefully P20 helps something in my system.

1 Like

Just as an FYI I have two P20’s each feeding a BHK 300 and the onboard sub amp in my Spatial X5’s. I have been running both with just stock power cords. Last weekend I was able to hook up a set of BAV power cords in place of the stock ones and it was literally like adding another component. The bass is much more defined and the overall SQ is much better. Kind of amazing really.
I haven’t tried hooking up the popcorn maker or the coffe machine yet. I’ll try that soon :grin:

3 Likes

Did you get the 20 amp version for the BAV cord with the High Current watt Gate 350 AUHC iec connector or are yours 15 amp? I am excited to hear your experience. Maybe I should hook up a crockpot, toaster and electric tea kettle. Covid has killed shirt ironing.

I am using a 20 amp x 15 amp adapter and the 15 amp cord end. I did not know a 20 amp end was available. I will have to give Bob a call.
I am going to buy more of these for the rest of the source components so I can use the 15 amp cord with one of them if a 20 amp end is available.
I think I will plug the Christmas tree lights in to see if they are brighter too. :thinking:

1 Like

Yes Galen specd out this wattgate and uses it too. So it has been well auditioned. Apparently they have also met the request for other P20 users.

Thanks. I’ll check it out!

Hey fellas, perhaps your informative conversation deserves a post under cables as as opposed to here in the market place.

1 Like

I will post there after an objective listen. Bob has not advertised this nor was it available on their web page. I emailed Bob had discussions with Galen and Kurt by email then ordered delivered in two days and have been running cable and P20 in.

As always a pleasant experience dealing with the iconoclast trio.

2 Likes

We’re just talking trash here so no big deal.

The gentleman who has lead me down this path feels strongly that the P20 isn’t right for the new system. I saw a P20 listed here for far less than I’d sell mine for, so no way I am getting rid of mine. When the Gryphon gear arrives I will set it up and enjoy it the way he has advised. But one day, not long in the future the P20 will go into place and we will see what we will see. I won’t plug the Amp into it, I don’t think it could handle the power the amp will require on startup. But the Preamp, DAC, Streamer and Turntable can and will go on the P20 at some point. I would expect a positive change and will accept it if it occurs. The first time I plugged everything into the P20 was a wow moment. Adding the Sigma cable was another wow moment. I do not believe I imagined those moments.

Worst case scenario my P20 drives my Theater setup. I have a *(cough) Sony OLED TV that might react well to clean power. Plus the Anthem Prepro and Oppo gear. Who knows, I might end up with two P20’s. LOL

*(friends don’t let friends buy Sony)