For Sale: Tascam DV-RA1000 mastering recorder [Sold]

I have a lightly used Tascam DV-RA1000 I would be pleased to pass on to a new home.

The DV-RA1000 is a superb unit. It is a professional mastering recorders which was sold as a loss leader (Tascam is Teac’s pro line, Esoteric is home audio). Michael Fremer uses Tascam mastering recorders them when he records the sound of his turntable setups for comparisons, etc. That is, perfect for needle drops. He has written about this in Stereophile and his own blog. John Marks also thinks highly of these units.

The DV-RA1000 records and plays back DSD and PCM up to 192kHz/24-bit. I/O includes RCA, balanced XLR connections, AES/EBU and SDIF-3. It records standard CD-DA, WAVE and DSDIFF files to CD and DVD discs.

Multiband compression and 3-band EQ mixdown built in. PS/2 keyboard connector for title editing. Dedicated input level control and adjustable maximum output level. Various play and record modes such as auto track increment, auto cue, auto ready, single/continuous play and program A/B play. Headphone out.

Many great reviews in addition to Stereophile , e.g., Pro Studio Review and Sound on Sound Review

The rack ears seen in the pictures are easily removed.

The screen in my picture is flawless, what you see is just a reflection. (One can readily see I should not be trusted with a camera.)

No marks I can find, but call it 9/10 as I would hate for someone to find something I do not see.

Original box/packing

$160.00 shipped, CONUS

1 Like

Hi Elk;
I would like to purchase this, I will PM you with my info.
Tim

If Tim can’t take it, I will.

Thanks, guys!

Payment sent, Thanks Elk

Seems like a bargain for what it’s capable of. Too bad it won’t play SACD.