FS: DirectStream (Black); great price [Sold]

Listing this here is probably akin to carrying coals to Newcastle, but maybe one of you PSAers is wishing to start a second system – and looking to take advantage of a terrific price on what you already know to be a terrific piece.

My problem, brought into clearer focus as I read through the Forum threads, is that my “senior ears” NEED the sharp-edged bite of lesser digital front-ends. My Cambridge Audio CDP pulls out enough detail (along with some nasties, too) that I feel involvement with my CD collection. The DS, for my ears, is a bit too soothing (sounds strange to actually write that, but I’m having to admit that my “normal” is not what it used to be).

As for my DS, it’s near-mint, with just the tiniest of blemishes on the top. Purchased in Feb. from the original owner, who bought it from a PSA dealer in October. Registered here in my name (and you know the warranty is transferrable). Factory box plus all its contents are here – PLUS an installed SR Red fuse ($90).

Of course, should this sell, I will immediately incur “seller’s remorse”, but I just cannot justify having significant funds tied up in gear that does not suit my (limited, unfortunately) listening abilities. I’ll pay shipping; you’ll deal with the 3% PayPal fee. Feel free to talk to me . . . and thanks.

Ron

PS: I’m located in Northern California

A solid, well-reasoned decision grounded in through evaluation.

Good luck with the sale!

Sorry to see you go Ron but I can’t argue with your decision. No piece of equipment is a perfect fit for everyone. Enjoy your Cambridge unit and maybe we’ll see you back here one of these days. Paul has hinted at a new NuWave DAC (the second-tier line) in the near future. You might want to give it a try when it comes out (on a 30-day trial basis, of course).

Thanks, Steve,

Actually, I plan to stick around here for awhile regardless; soon after the DS purchase, I found a great deal on a PWT, and since the transport section of my Cambridge is a bit shaky, I plan to KEEP the PW! (and those BIG numbers; can see them across the living room!)

I have not done any dabbling in “power” stuff, but might have to try a platform or lower-end regenerator one of these days. Any suggestions for a most-bang-for-the-least-buck entry point?

But back to the regularly-scheduled programming: anyone want a great deal on a DirectStream??

Ron

Hi Ron,

When you say “akin to carrying coals to Newcastle”, does that also imply you are located in Australia (with it’s formerly famous Newcastle port town) or the UK (likewise - I think - I’m Australian, so the former resonates) ?

I’m keen on any 230V gear.

Cheers,

D.

I too hope you stick around!

The “carrying coal . . .” reference simply meant that it could be foolish to try and sell my DS here, where everyone, almost by definition, already owns one!

CA guy, by the way – and there IS another Newcastle w/in 35 miles of my home (but no coal, as far as I know)

Ron

Thanks for coming back to me Ron.

I’m relieved you are in America, since I ordered a Directstream, Memory Player + Sprout today.

Enjoy!

Ron

SOLD . . . SOLD . . . SOLD

The website “glitch” a week or two ago might have deleted the post indicating that my DS has indeed found a new, appreciative home.

Thanks for all the inquiries . . .

Ron