FS: P10 Powerplant (Black)(SOLD)

Selling my black P10 Powerplant, now that it’s been replaced by a P20. I bought this new from what was then an authorized dealer (Mr. Cable) in 2018. It’s been registered, and is still under warranty until Feb '21.

Unit will come with all factory packaging & accessories. Condition is excellent, as shown in the pictures. The glossy black top has very faint marks that can be seen when the light is just right…they’re not scratches, and they’re not visible from most angles. Anyone who owns any of the Directstream or BHK products with the same top probably knows what I’m referring to. I still have it out of the box, so if anyone wants to see a more detailed shot, let me know what you want to see…

$2,400 + shipping. I’m in Bremerton, WA, so anyone local is welcome to pick it up to save shipping.

I’ve already got a P10. Have you shared your comparison?

I haven’t… :grin:

A direct apples-to-apples comparison would be tough right now, because with the P10 I had my Krell FPB-200 plugged into the wall, and with the P20 I’m powering it with regen via one of the HC zones. I hooked it up that way when I got the P20, and I LOVE the sound so much that I haven’t been motivated to move the amp back to the wall socket to compare…

What I can say is that with the P10 in my system I did try powering the Krell both ways (wall & regen), and really didn’t have a preference either way…

So…in the current configuration, which admittedly involves multiple variables (I’ve also put an AQ Thunder from wall to P20, whereas I was using a PS Audio Extreme Statement SC for the P10), I heard an improved articulation in the low bass, significantly better dynamics, and a more 3-D soundstage. I was expecting subtle improvements from the P20, but the overall impact was more than subtle… I was never unhappy with anything about the P10, and I highly recommend it to anyone that isn’t currently using a regenerator, or needs more capacity than they have today. However, based on my recent experience, anyone thinking about a P20 that’s on the fence about upgrading need not worry that they won’t hear an improvement over the P10.

5 Likes

Sale Pending…

1 Like