Help Bridge 1 stopped working.

Desperate here just get a Perfect Wave DAC- I along with the Bridge -I after an attempt to update the bridge she stopped in time detects the DAC . How to retrieve and download the latest firmware from the Bridge -I because the site the file name and different.

Kind regards. Diego

Hi Diego,

Can you explain more exactly what happened?

1. you attempted to update the Bridge

2a) did the update get hung up in the middle, that is, never completed? Or

2b) did the update seem to go well, but when you reboot the DAC it won’t recognize the Bridge?

I believe – but could be wrong – that the firmware posted on the PSA website is specific to Bridge II. The folks at PSA will be happy to help you get what you need for the original Bridge; just be aware that Monday is a national holiday in the US, so it may take a couple of days.

Meanwhile: if you have tried rebooting the DAC only once, try it again. Multiple reboots sometimes fix problems like this. Unplug the ethernet cable from the Bridge, turn everything off. Reboot your home router; when that’s done, reboot any other components like network switches; then finally the DAC. Then plug in the cable. I’m not sure why, but such complete resets sometimes fix problems. (This would only work, of course, if you don’t need a different firmware, which you might.)

You can also try the bridge I rescue which is on the psaudio downloads site.

Unzip to a 2 gig USB stick.

Insert the USB stick into USB port on the bridge I.

Power the DAC on with the power switch on the back.

Wait about 30 minutes or until the DAC reboots.

power off the DAC

Remove USB stick.

Power on DAC.

If it worked the DAC should be working.

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said You can also try the bridge I rescue which is on the psaudio downloads site.

Unzip to a 2 gig USB stick.

Insert the USB stick into USB port on the bridge I.

Power the DAC on with the power switch on the back.

Wait about 30 minutes or until the DAC reboots.

power off the DAC

Remove USB stick.

Power on DAC.

If it worked the DAC should be working.

Dennis

The USB stick so does the 2GB ?

When you start with the rescue file it will start a procedure on the screen or simply have to wait ?

magister said Hi Diego,

2b) did the update seem to go well, but when you reboot the DAC it won’t recognize the Bridge?

I believe – but could be wrong – that the firmware posted on the PSA website is specific to Bridge II. The folks at PSA will be happy to help you get what you need for the original Bridge; just be aware that Monday is a national holiday in the US, so it may take a couple of days.

Meanwhile: if you have tried rebooting the DAC only once, try it again. Multiple reboots sometimes fix problems like this. Unplug the ethernet cable from the Bridge, turn everything off. Reboot your home router; when that’s done, reboot any other components like network switches; then finally the DAC. Then plug in the cable. I’m not sure why, but such complete resets sometimes fix problems. (This would only work, of course, if you don’t need a different firmware, which you might.)

So I tried to update the bridge with the site files , the files was thought to Bridge 1 too much to rename and ask to do the update has started to make mistake and then stopped, restarted the DAC and the Bridge does not appear anymore.

diegodgo said
magister said Hi Diego,

So I tried to update the bridge with the site files , the files was thought to Bridge 1 too much to rename and ask to do the update has started to make mistake and then stopped, restarted the DAC and the Bridge does not appear anymore.

Try the rescue I described earlier.

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said
diegodgo said
magister said Hi Diego,

Try the rescue I described earlier.

Dennis

Hello.
I made the procedure left more than half an hour and nothing .
Do you have any relation to the SD Card because it is empty ?

Could you pass me the latest firmware Bridge Mk1 ?

Now if I turn on the DAC with the bridge of a white screen and not out of it.

diegodgo said Could you pass me the latest firmware Bridge Mk1 ?
Do you want DAC firmware or Bridge firmware?

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said

Dennis

It would be the firmware Bridge but now not point because if I put it in the DAC is with a white screen .

diegodgo said
Dennis Kerrisk said

Dennis

It would be the firmware Bridge but now not point because if I put it in the DAC is with a white screen .
After a time out my Bridge stopped causing white screen , I'll try the procedure again you could pass me the latest firmware that Bridge I 'll try some more.

diegodgo said
diegodgo said
Dennis Kerrisk said

Dennis

After a time out my Bridge stopped causing white screen , I’ll try the procedure again you could pass me the latest firmware that Bridge I 'll try some more.

Can you get to the bridge Web page? Because if you can't then firmware won't help. but here is a link: http://updates.psaudio.com/bridge/upgrade-0.2.15a.ub

Dennis

[millions of nested quotes deleted]

Unfortunately not I access only on USB with the firmware update not it ?

[more than millions of quotes deleted]

I already sent you a link to the rescue. If that does not work you will need to replace your bridge.

Dennis