Help setting Static IP

I just upgraded from Bridge 1 to 2.

With the first Bridge I had set the static ip to 192.168.1.200.

The new bridge randomly grabs an IP and when I type that address into my browser it cannot locate the Bridge 2.

The Fing application on my phone says that 192.168.1.200 is still set to Bridge 1.

How can I update this?

thanks !

My experience is that Bridge II is finickier then advertised. Much to my consternation, You can’t communicated with Bridge II via it’s IP address. It used to be a great way to re-set the UPnP server for the times Bridge I wouldn’t show up in JRiver.

The only way I was able to successfully set a static IP for Bridge II was through the set-up screen of the DS. You have to select the Bridge and work your way through the menus to then de-select DHCP. Then add the IP address you want to use, sub-net, DNS…

I also had the Fing issue you’re discussing. It’s showing the legacy address (probably grayed out). I would delete all the previous scans, then scan the network again using Fing. Bridge I should be gone.

Good luck!

This is correct.

Also remember that if you set the device names in Fing for the current network, the name reside in Fing only for your reference. So if a mac or IP refer to the name ‘DirectStream’ (named by you) it is just to make the identification simple during a scan.

amsco15 said My experience is that Bridge II is finickier then advertised. Much to my consternation, You can't communicated with Bridge II via it's IP address. It used to be a great way to re-set the UPnP server for the times Bridge I wouldn't show up in JRiver.

The only way I was able to successfully set a static IP for Bridge II was through the set-up screen of the DS. You have to select the Bridge and work your way through the menus to then de-select DHCP. Then add the IP address you want to use, sub-net, DNS…

I also had the Fing issue you’re discussing. It’s showing the legacy address (probably grayed out). I would delete all the previous scans, then scan the network again using Fing. Bridge I should be gone.

Good luck!

This worries me as well. I am now having second thoughts about the upgrade.

Anyone from PSA care to comment?