Help with nuwave phono converter

HI all,

Could someone please tell me where I can find everything I need to know about setting up the phono converter? Do I need some software? If so, what are the best ones? I can’t make head nor tail out of the manual.

Sorry for the ignorance,

Russ

Do you mean for digitizing vinyl? If so take a look at Vinyl Studio, there is a learning curve, but then it gets really easy to use.

I don’t own a NPC, but I do digitize vinyl. I am going to assume that you know how to hook up the phono preamp to your turntable and preamp/integrated/receiver and that has been done.

Do you use a computer for ripping CDs and/or digital downloads? Do you have a player installed? If so, what is it? JRiver, Roon, or???

If you use a PC, there are probably instructions on how to install the driver for the NPC, either with an included disc or go here: http://www.psaudio.com/support/downloads/ Download the NPC file and install it.

You will need a USB cable with an A connector on one end and B connector on the other. If you need to buy one consider an AudioQuest Cinnamon, it’s a good cable for a reasonable price. Get the shortest cable that will reach comfortably.

Now you need to figure out how to use the settings on NPC, and the recording software. You can pretty much go with the defaults with Vinyl Studio, if you use DSD you will not be able to do much editing. That will be fine for pristine LPs, but for albums with ticks and pops PCM allows editing. And it will depend on your dac, if it doesn’t decode DSD you will need to record in PCM. All those settings will be in the menus of the NPC. I would recommend you experiment with different data rates, but don’t go below 24/88. Depending on PC or Mac will determine what you use for PCM, for the Windows I use flac, as WAV files are bigger. Try all file options and pick the one you like the best, determined by listening.

Ok, that should get you started, ask any specific questions, I am sure that NPC owners can help.

[I have no idea why the text got bigger and then back to smaller, it’s still readable, so I am not going to worry about it.] [Fixed - ELK]

Sure, Vinyl Studio. Also, if you want, call us and we’d be happy to walk you through any questions and setup issues.

Paul McGowan said Sure, Vinyl Studio. Also, if you want, call us and we'd be happy to walk you through any questions and setup issues.
Why didn't I think of that, Vinyl Studio and call PS Audio. Would have saved me a half hour.