Holo Audio May or DS mk2?

Ideally you’d push it up to at least 352/384k (and the higher the better), why limit to 88k? Push that noise way out so its reflections don’t alter the audio band.

I’m a fan of poly-sinc-lp when I need to mellow things a bit. ext2 is like a high voltage charger and is great for mid day stuff. I find sinc-m to also be quite a bit softer/mellower vs ext2.

Ext3 and sinc-mx are both quite good but ext3 is very demanding on cpu and I’m limited there for rates beyond 768k.

1 Like

Because Border Patrol only goes to 24/96. Though supposedly it can do 176, I ought to give that a try…

4 Likes

Part 2: the subjective review, I think will set the hook in your wallet. I just watched it on Patreon…

4 Likes

I’m curious to hear his subjective impression of L2 vs L3.

Just watched pt2. He sure gushes over it. It’s too bad it’s not easier to home trial as I think many will like it a bunch and some won’t, just like any piece of audio gear.

1 Like

How did the May Dac compare to the DSD playing CDs from a transport, assuming you have one, and if so, which transport?

I haven’t had a transport in decades.

Well just made the mistake of listening to part 2 from the GoldSound review of the May Dac.
His enthusiasm for the product is convincing.
Just don’t think I want to introduce a computer to my rig. I’d be very interested in hearing from others who have the May Dac and have compared it to the DSD using the PST as a source.

You don’t need a computer. I play native PCM and DSD in NOS mode. I have posted my impressions on Audiophilestyle and Audiogon and I won’t post them here for obvious reasons.

1 Like