How about concert photos?

TOOL ATL 1/28

7 Likes

Concentus Musicus Wien

4 Likes

50th Anniversary Tour

4 Likes

Edgar Meyer and his son George at the Down Home in Johnson City, TN.
We were so close I could see the strings vibrating on Edgar’s double bass.

Edgar and George

Edgar1 Edgar 3

4 Likes

Wow! Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing.

Earls of Leicester featuring Jerry Douglas at our favorite local venue “The Harvester” in Rocky Mount, VA. I have never seen (6) more talented string players at the same time having such a great time and just killing it at this performance. You could be indifferent to country, bluegrass and the like and still get very emotional at a show like this.

Also, it just dawned on me where they got their name. All music from Flatt and Scruggs as in Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs.

First discovered Jerry Douglas through Alison Krauss and her band Union Station.

8 Likes

They played up the hill from here in Nederland last winter. It was the bomb. As you say - they’re just SO good, you’re just left shaking your head in amazement : )

2 Likes

I caught Earls of Leicester featuring Jerry Douglas at Bijou Theatre Knoxville TN on Sunday night. Masterful musicians; their opening act “Twisted Pine” out of Boston
were excellent also. Anna Fong on flute was amazing.

2 Likes

Christopher Cross opened up for America in the pics posted a few posts above.

4 Likes

I heard Christopher Cross live several years ago. What a horrible performance!

Yeah… I can’t argue with that. Very very low energy, and at first I wasn’t sure if he was going to be able to sing… But after a few songs he warmed up and his voice got better.

The worst concert of someone who made gorgeous music was Manfred Mann‘s Earth Band at a later time but already many years ago. They played like a bad cover band of themselves…extremely low energy, too.

Dweezil Zappa and myself after a Halloween concert, just so happens it was my 65th birthday

7 Likes

Annie in the Water
Higher Ground Showcase Lounge
South Burlington, Vermont
February 22, 2020

1 Like

Hayley in the Water (Hayley Jane and Annie in the Water) performing Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours”
Higher Ground Showcase Lounge
South Burlington, Vermont
February 22, 2020

3 Likes

Love the Stevie Wonder reference in the venue.

1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

Deleted

Deleted

1 Like

Harmony: Hank Roberts, Bill Frisell, Petra Haden, Luke Bergman
Boulder Theater

8 Likes