How about concert photos?

I caught Earls of Leicester featuring Jerry Douglas at Bijou Theatre Knoxville TN on Sunday night. Masterful musicians; their opening act “Twisted Pine” out of Boston
were excellent also. Anna Fong on flute was amazing.

2 Likes

Christopher Cross opened up for America in the pics posted a few posts above.

4 Likes

I heard Christopher Cross live several years ago. What a horrible performance!

Yeah… I can’t argue with that. Very very low energy, and at first I wasn’t sure if he was going to be able to sing… But after a few songs he warmed up and his voice got better.

The worst concert of someone who made gorgeous music was Manfred Mann‘s Earth Band at a later time but already many years ago. They played like a bad cover band of themselves…extremely low energy, too.

Dweezil Zappa and myself after a Halloween concert, just so happens it was my 65th birthday

7 Likes

Annie in the Water
Higher Ground Showcase Lounge
South Burlington, Vermont
February 22, 2020

1 Like

Hayley in the Water (Hayley Jane and Annie in the Water) performing Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours”
Higher Ground Showcase Lounge
South Burlington, Vermont
February 22, 2020

2 Likes

Love the Stevie Wonder reference in the venue.

1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

Deleted

Deleted

1 Like

Harmony: Hank Roberts, Bill Frisell, Petra Haden, Luke Bergman
Boulder Theater

7 Likes

Where’s Hank’s hair…?

Musta left it at home. Very cool show. Amazing medley was, “Where Have All the Flowers Gone?”/“Space Oddity”/“We Shall Overcome” with audience participation on the last go-round. Haden bridged into the Bowie with what must be some bird-calling skills, making beautiful sounds with her hands to her mouth.

Alina Ibragimova warming up for tonights gig

1 Like

Been to two of these events now, both wonderful.

May look like the same gig, but the first one was Ibragimova/Tsoy and the second Kalesnikov, but they all came to both and mixed and matched.

Best of the last evening was a performance of the Schubert Fantasia for 4 hands, that my wife videoed and is now her yoga theme tune.

Hearing that again in a few weeks, here:

3 Likes

I am so envious, here in the NYC area there is nothing going on as we are still in early opening phase. Add I have immunodeficiency difficulties so it’ll be a while but it’ll be when I can go to a live event that this long nightmare will be at an end.

I have been playing some outside gigs, but they are few. The next is for National Night Out this coming Tuesday evening.

1 Like

We’ve not been to anything since early Feb, all shows has been cancelled in our area.