How about concert photos?

Christopher Cross opened up for America in the pics posted a few posts above.

4 Likes

I heard Christopher Cross live several years ago. What a horrible performance!

Yeah… I can’t argue with that. Very very low energy, and at first I wasn’t sure if he was going to be able to sing… But after a few songs he warmed up and his voice got better.

The worst concert of someone who made gorgeous music was Manfred Mann‘s Earth Band at a later time but already many years ago. They played like a bad cover band of themselves…extremely low energy, too.

Dweezil Zappa and myself after a Halloween concert, just so happens it was my 65th birthday

7 Likes

Annie in the Water
Higher Ground Showcase Lounge
South Burlington, Vermont
February 22, 2020

1 Like

Hayley in the Water (Hayley Jane and Annie in the Water) performing Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours”
Higher Ground Showcase Lounge
South Burlington, Vermont
February 22, 2020

3 Likes

Love the Stevie Wonder reference in the venue.

1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

Deleted

Deleted

1 Like

Harmony: Hank Roberts, Bill Frisell, Petra Haden, Luke Bergman
Boulder Theater

8 Likes

Where’s Hank’s hair…?

Musta left it at home. Very cool show. Amazing medley was, “Where Have All the Flowers Gone?”/“Space Oddity”/“We Shall Overcome” with audience participation on the last go-round. Haden bridged into the Bowie with what must be some bird-calling skills, making beautiful sounds with her hands to her mouth.

Alina Ibragimova warming up for tonights gig

2 Likes

Been to two of these events now, both wonderful.

May look like the same gig, but the first one was Ibragimova/Tsoy and the second Kalesnikov, but they all came to both and mixed and matched.

Best of the last evening was a performance of the Schubert Fantasia for 4 hands, that my wife videoed and is now her yoga theme tune.

Hearing that again in a few weeks, here:

4 Likes

I am so envious, here in the NYC area there is nothing going on as we are still in early opening phase. Add I have immunodeficiency difficulties so it’ll be a while but it’ll be when I can go to a live event that this long nightmare will be at an end.

I have been playing some outside gigs, but they are few. The next is for National Night Out this coming Tuesday evening.

1 Like

We’ve not been to anything since early Feb, all shows has been cancelled in our area.

Events are currently very limited, but there are lots of rumours of pop-up events and events being planned on relatively short notice. People are feeling relatively safe in London and the south of England. In London, well over 10 million people, in the last month we’ve had about 1,500 confirmed cases, compared to Florida and Calif that have 10,000+ per day. Restaurants are busy and there isn’t a hotel room or airbnb available in the UK until about October. You have to pre-book everything, people are fine about that, simple things like in a restaurant you look at the menu online, they don’t hand out paper or plastic menus. Masks are mandatory in shops, but not outdoors.