Humor

Thankfully, no. But if the predicted weather patterns hold true, we are expecting a good bit of snow on the valley floor this winter. It will be Armageddon. We don’t get snow regularly, but when we do, I think I see even more shorts. Particularly the postal service.

1 Like

When we lived in Wisconsin, the popular winter garb (mid January) was shorts, T-shirt and a down vest. Tough crowd.

2 Likes

3 Likes

That grin looks capable of melting snow. lol

1 Like

Composer Paul Hindemith was once persuaded by an American avant-gardist to listen to a new work with what is said to have had three trumpet parts along with other wind and string instruments, all using avant-garde techniques. After an uncomfortable half-hour he asked, “Is this your last composition?”

“No,” replied the aspirant.

“Pity,” muttered Hindemith.

• from The Book of Musical Anecdotes by Norman Lebrecht
4 Likes

11 Likes

The father bought a new top-of-line streamer that also comes with a lie detector, when listener lies the music would stop and the word “lie” would shout out of speakers.

On the first night the whole family sit down and listen to the system. After a few songs, the father asks his son “How do you think the streamer sounds?”. The son says it is an excellent improvement, then the speakers shout “lie”. The father says “well, you do not have to like it, but I think this is much better than the last one”. The speakers shout “lie” again.

The mother starts laughing and says, “You are surely his father!”, and the speakers shouts “lie”!

4 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

11 Likes

Does that Book of Musical Anecdotes contain the “scratching that thing between your legs” quote that goes around every music school that ever existed that contains cellists? Ive heard maybe 3 versions attributed to different maestros. Would love to know who really said it.

7 Likes

7 Likes

May have been posted before (or some variation thereof):

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving

10 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

12 Likes

Willie is the only one who DOESN’T look stoned…