I experience problems with my NuWave Phono Converter

Hi
I experience problems with my NuWave Phono Converter. It will not show display occasionally. Then I turn it on and turn it off for it to work. Then it obviously turns itself off occasionally. Then I turn on and off again. Are there any other people who have experienced them with their NuWave Phono Converter?

Thanks

Michael

Tne NPC display will auto turn off after some time. It is designed not to stay on all the time. We don’t want the OLED lifetime to be exceeded.

I am aware of it, but I can not restart it unless I turn on and off the power.smilewink

Michael - Denmark said

I am aware of it, but I can not restart it unless I turn on and off the power.smilewink

Hi Michael,

Thanks for letting us know about this and sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

We are aware of a firmware bug that may be causing this issue in previous versions.

If you would, please tell us the firmware version in your NPC.

It can be found in the Version screen by pressing the menu buttons.

The most current version available on our website is 00.54.

If your firmware is older you can download the update here:

http://www.psaudio.com/support/downloads/

Thanks,

• Jeremy

IMG_19761.JPG

Hello again
It is updated so there must be some errors left

It has only been wrong sometimes. But I get more frightened when it can turn off the power lol itself. I love your lovely Ps audio machine lol.goofy-heart_gif
More love from Denmark

What about a new name for P20 “The DirectDream”embarassedkisslaughwink

My NPC is also at 0.54 and does the same thing Michael describes. It should be noted, however, that the same behavior can be reproduced by pointing the BHK Pre or DMP remote at the NPC and pressing “Off.” I hadn’t complained about the NPC’s behavior as I can’t be absolutely sure I didn’t zap it with the remote. Regardless, even if the display is off, the unit’s performance appears to be unchanged.

-Pb

Thanks Peanut Butter,

Yes the NPC does have a remote eye that has some function.

I can confirm that pressing “Off” turns the display off.

Pressing “On” brought the display back on .

Our engineering team is aware of the issue with the display screen not coming back on without a power cycle and working on a solution.

Once completed the new firmware will be posted to the downloads page.

We don’t have a release date yet but will know more in the coming months.

Thanks,

• Jeremy

^ You must be pushing “On” a special way as that doesn’t work with my NPC.

HI Peanut Butter,

I can confirm that once you’ve pressed “Off”, your NPC’s display should be turning back on when you press the “On” button with either our standard Silver remote or the older Black remote.

That yours does not is possibly firmware related.

You can do a factory reset by pressing the Reset button on the rear panel.

As well it may be a good idea to reload the firmware.

If you can, please message me at service@psaudio.com and I’ll get a copy of the forceload firmware.

Thanks,

• Jeremy

I NEVER use my remote control to turn off my dac. But of course, one of the worms is buried lol. It’s with granti therefore I think it has turned off lol. Thank you Jeremy -

Paul McGowan said

Tne NPC display will auto turn off after some time. It is designed not to stay on all the time. We don’t want the OLED lifetime to be exceeded.

"The normal default mode for the front panel display is off. To conserve the longevity of the OLED screen for many years, the NPC will turn its display to off after 24 seconds of display. To reactivate the display, simply press any of the four front panel buttons. Once activated, the display will remain active for approximately 24 seconds. "

so I still have the lust that I sometimes can not get into the display itself. now i have just tried to use my dac remote to turn it on and off with lol a new problem will appear the display will not turn off at all…lol…lol cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon_giflaughwinkbut it sounds good …circle-of-hearts-smiley-emoticon_gif … that’s because it has changed it to be turned on for an hour lol now it goes out noob…lol4_gif4_gif4_gif4_gif

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear that you are having this new issue.

If you would, please reach out to me at service@psaudio.com

We’ll get you a new firmware version 00.55 that should address this new issue as well as the other we believe.

Thanks in advance,

• Jeremy

There is no harm done by the calm and thanks for good support.