If hi-res FLAC already on Tidal/Qobuz, what's the point of ripping my CDs?

I may have already said this on another thread but with a Qobuz subscription you can buy any album that they have for really good money. Then you will own the copy legally for your personal use.

1 Like
  1. Because large entertainment companies and streaming services will never act in YOUR best interests. Only their own.

2. Soundtracks that are collections of songs will almost always be incomplete because of 1. Try and stream either Guardians of the Galaxy soundtracks. Or a Quentin Tarantino soundtrack. Good luck.

3. See point 1.

4. The only thing record companies enjoy screwing more than artists is customers.

5. See point 1.

2 Likes

This is good, is it DRM free too? That was the issue with the Napster service - you could buy to “keep” the music, but playing it required the company servers to still be running

You own the album same as if you bought it from one of the digital sales sites like ProStudioMasters, Hiresaudio or similar sites. You buy the album and download it to your music server or computer and can play it with any music player that can access your server or computer. Typical prices are in the $15 range. Resolution usually has choices with some price variations based on that. You can also “add to library” but you do not own that copy because you did not pay for it. It would disappear if you cancelled the service.

1 Like

Here’s a sample

1 Like

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

1 Like

100% DRM free and Qobuz Sublime+ subscription offers great discount. Purchased items (re-) downloadable at any time in any format :smiley:

1 Like

Im feeling more and more that qobuz would be the one for me! Can’t justify the monthly atm but if that changes…
I’d end up buying a lot of it though I reckon!

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned in this thread is how the purchase of a CD probably helps an artist financially more than listening to the same artist via Tidal. I currently use Tidal and find the listening experience on par with ripped CD content. That said, I try to buy new CD’s of artists that I really like in order to support them.

1 Like