So, if I was king of the world, what would I fix in the world of Audio?
I would make it the law that forever more, all audio (and visual) gear had to have their power switches on the same side!!!
Left or right of the gear, I don’t mind, just for the love of all that is loveable, manufacturers: choose which side of the gear gets the power button and then do it that way for ever more
(and all previously built gear to be modified, at manufacturer cost, of course).
I don’t mind how else it’s laid out, just get these power buttons sorted lads and lasses.
…and as for any manufacturers who put the power button in the middle, or only on the back, well you all get shut down and your assets donated to Battersea Dog’s Home (or Doggersea Bat’s home, I don’t mind)
King of the World? I think I’d have an opera/ballet theatre and a concert hall built in the back garden, put all required personnel on the payroll and chuck out the stereo. Sort of Louis XIV meets Prince Nicklaus Esterhazy.
(1) I’d ensure musicians are properly compensated for their work.
(2) I’d ensure LPs are consistently pressed to a high standard.
(3) I’d ensure an overabundance of quality vacuum tubes.
(4) I’d provide for the arts and especially music instruction programs at all levels of education.
(5) Finally I’d bring back a meaningful reel to reel tape playback system that is supported by a vast software catalog, Barclay anyone?