If I were King of the World

So, if I was king of the world, what would I fix in the world of Audio?

I would make it the law that forever more, all audio (and visual) gear had to have their power switches on the same side!!!

Left or right of the gear, I don’t mind, just for the love of all that is loveable, manufacturers: choose which side of the gear gets the power button and then do it that way for ever more :slight_smile:

(and all previously built gear to be modified, at manufacturer cost, of course).

I don’t mind how else it’s laid out, just get these power buttons sorted lads and lasses.

…and as for any manufacturers who put the power button in the middle, or only on the back, well you all get shut down and your assets donated to Battersea Dog’s Home (or Doggersea Bat’s home, I don’t mind) :wink:

Any other suggestions?

5 Likes

All supplied fuses should be audiophile grade fuses out of the box!

4 Likes

There should be 25 more Ohno wire manufacturing plants and all cabling should be mandated to contain at least 50 percent Ohno copper or silver wire.

5 Likes

Input and output connections on the front panel.
And the power switch :blush:

4 Likes

good one!
i have come very close to buying a bantem patch bay on numerous occasions :slight_smile:

King you say? fine, very high-quality “courtesy” cables.

2 Likes

You guys forgot something…how about state of the art graphene wiring for all
gear…and for those who prefer silver or copper…let these be options as well…

All preamps must have defeatable tone controls accessible via remote control
with known tol caps and resistors…

Yep that’ll be something!!

Best wishes

1 Like

As king I am certain that you will grant us all lifetime salaries in the high 6-figure range, a large acoustically sound house, and make all audio purchases tax-free.

6 Likes

Hour meters on gear - resettable hour meter on tube stuff!

4 Likes

If I was king of the world, I would get somebody else to pay for all my needs and hobbies.

4 Likes

Ban cheap plastic remotes

2 Likes

King of the World? I think I’d have an opera/ballet theatre and a concert hall built in the back garden, put all required personnel on the payroll and chuck out the stereo. Sort of Louis XIV meets Prince Nicklaus Esterhazy.

6 Likes

Now we’re talkin’

2 Likes

If I were king, all tube testers would measure tubes at actual operating parameters, and have built in curve tracers.

2 Likes

And tube testers would be easily available rather than some black market type hunt required.

2 Likes

I’d take a large part of the military and intelligence and aerospace budget and set experts working on a time machine for visiting epic past recording sessions and musical performances.

4 Likes
  1. I would ban top loading CD players.

2. All binding posts would be able to be tightened by hand.

1. No tubes would be inserted horizontally in the back of an amp.

Screenshot_20230405-162953

7 Likes

(1) I’d ensure musicians are properly compensated for their work.
(2) I’d ensure LPs are consistently pressed to a high standard.
(3) I’d ensure an overabundance of quality vacuum tubes.
(4) I’d provide for the arts and especially music instruction programs at all levels of education.
(5) Finally I’d bring back a meaningful reel to reel tape playback system that is supported by a vast software catalog, Barclay anyone?

8 Likes

+1, I wish I had thought of this.

6 Likes

me too

2 Likes