Interesting Articles

1 Like
4 Likes

Not a screaming endorsement for switches.

1 Like

RIP Duane Eddy

4 Likes

I have a different perspective.

Mr. Austin’s description of the benefits of the switch under review mirrors most of my tweaky “upgrades” in the last few years which purport to address signal quality and “noise control”; i.e., an incremental improvement in clarity, low level resolution and/or quietness (blacker background).

FWIW.

1 Like

RIP Richard Tandy

5 Likes

One Man’s Dream - Ken Fritz Documentary about the world’s best stereo system

2 Likes

I’d be interested in opinions around Jeff Lynne as innovator and genius vs egomaniac and tyrant. I’ve read enough to support both, and maybe both are partially true.

I admire his talent, and The Traveling Wilbury’s and ELO’s Eldorado are faves. I don’t have a horse in this race, just wondering if there’s more I could read or watch.

1 Like

Sound suppressing silk. Interesting possibilities for those in noisy environments wanting to lower the noise floor.

1 Like

RIP Steve Albini

1 Like

RIP David Sanborn

3 Likes

Wow.

Surprised to learn he was 78.

Will have to spin up Straight to the Heart later this evening…

RIP

Also, try Young American by David Bowie.

2 Likes
1 Like

Isn’t the purpose to test audio systems?

:wink:

" According to the World Health Organization, over 1 billion young adults, ages 12 to 35, are at risk of permanent, avoidable hearing loss due to “unsafe listening practices.” By 2050, the WHO predicts that 1 in 10 of us will experience “disabling hearing loss.”

1 Like

Maybe it’s a bit naive, but it is more than a bit disturbing that AI developers don’t understand the inner workings of their brainchild.
Anthropic “Mapping the Mind of a Large Language Model”

1 Like
1 Like