Internet radio reception on DSJr. by itself

I was listening to a disk on my DSM through my DS Jr, both with up to date firmware. Shortly after the disk stopped, an internet radio station (SmoothJazz.com) started playing. That surprised me because no other electronic component in the house was on. I turned off the DSM but internet radio continued playing on the DS Jr., showing “MP3 DLNA PCM 44.1” on the display. I know what each of those mean, but I am still baffled. I checked again to make sure that any component I have that can access internet radio was off, and all were, including both Oppos, Olive 04HD server, smart TVs, Onkyo AV processor, Logitec Squeezebox Touch, Samsung tablet, Amazon Fire, etc., all ethernet wired and all off.

Now I do occasionally listen to the station that’s mysteriously playing now with just the DS Jr. on, and all I can think of is that the Bridge II is somehow connected to an internet radio station that I haven’t listened to in a while. Any possible explanations?

If you haven’t already check the last Bridge II app you used and see if it is still running.

Thanks Jack, triple checked and they’re all off – nothing is streaming to the Jr. The internet comes back on every time I turn the DSJr. off and back on. If I select another input on the Jr. the stream stops, but comes back on at input 6 (auto) and 7
(bridge II). It’s not that big a hassle, but later I’ll try rebooting the Jr. to see if it self-corrects.

Jack via PS Audio

For a while if I played an Internet radio station then stopped it and shut the iPad down I would come back later to turn the iPad back on and when opening the control app find the radio station had started back up and was still playing. The way I found around it was to stop the radio stream and then before shutting the app play something from Qobuz or Tidal. Not all of the Internet stations exhibit this behavior but I found a couple that just won’t release unless you play something else after you shut them down. Strange behavior.

Other than internet radio, the only streaming I do to the Jr. is from Roon on my core. I rebooted the Jr. and the issue is gone. I’m guessing the Bridge kept the internet station in some sort of operating memory, but I’ll leave the diagnosis to the PS
Audio team. Thanks for weighing in.

Jack via PS Audio