FS: Jensen Cable TV Isolator (VRD-1FF) and a 6" Blue Jeans RF coax cable for attaching it inline to a cable TV box (not for satellite TV). Excellent condition, but no longer needed. For the pair, I’m asking $48 shipped in the CONUS including PP fees. Check my references at Audiomart, Audiogon, Audio Asylum, head-fi and eBay (genegold99).
The Jensen Transformers CATV isolator is designed to eliminate hum/ground loop on an cable TV line, and many people report that it does its job very well (see Amazon link below) . I actually bought it more on a lark than for hum to see what it would do and - surprise! - my HDTV picture improved dramatically, so much that even cable TV techs are amazed. And that’s just with decent $10-$20 mass market type HDMI cables.
- Improves audio/video quality by reducing 60 Hz ground currents on CATV systems
- 2 MHz to 1300 MHz bandwidth spans VHF/FM/UHF/CATV spectrum
- Low VSWR helps prevent digital cable channel degradation
- Capacitive based design minimizes broadcast channel interference
- Built using the finest transformers money can buy: Jensen
- Passive design means no power or batteries needed
- Rugged construction for long service life