Just few questions

1. I heard somewhere from the internet that you can run your amplifier cooler if you use 220 volts instead of 110 volts
  2. How does daisy chain works with amplifiers and speaker at a concert setup?
  3. When first, vhs, ,dvd, flat screen tv they were all in thousands of dollars
    What would happen if PS audio ran just a few commercials and lower all prices by $500 and other few products low as $1000
    4 And can explain again why you don’t need gound plug on audio equipment

I personally don’t see this happening. High-end/Audiophile gear is a niche product. Not sure PSA and others sell enough volume to do this.

To me this market has a problem with a customer base that seems to be going in the wrong direction. My kids grew up listening to “Audiophile” gear all their lives and they have zero interest in buying any. I like to say it is the difference between Audiophile vs. Music Lover. Audiophiles always seem to want to change things in hope of better sound. Music Lovers just want to turn on music and enjoy it regardless of the gear/media. My kids are music lovers.

Hopefully I am wrong on all fronts.

1 Like

Welcome!

1.) Just use the available voltage (or switch to Class D amps is heat is an issue).

2.) Daisy chaining simple passes the analog or digital signal along (the piece would have associated inputs/outputs). I own JBL 708P studio monitors that can accept AES/EBU (digital) and XLR (balanced analog) inputs and has an AES/EBU (digital) output. I also own PreSonus T10 subs that have balanced inputs and outputs.

3.) Marketing (ads, discounts) can get very expensive. PS Audio has offered factory discounts and for a high end company is rather notorious for allowing retailers to offer discounts (I paid $2580 for a $4000 MSRP DirectStream Junior last year from a retailer who had the piece shipped directly from the factory). Ads are used as an inducement for getting professional reviews, so can be counterproductive. Discounts can end up being a slippery slope of existing customers feeling betrayed, prospective customers expecting deals, and the credibility of MSRP pricing suffering.

4.) Grounding is a case by case issue.